PS3 finally hacked?

it will be on youtube so you can watch it in any res

but it was filmed in 1080p hence the size

im talking to the developer now

it will work with every game that doesnt have a single file in there that is over 4gb in size

this is because you need a Fat32 harddrive

So if this is true and when Sony gets wind of it they will start ordering devs to insert 4.1Gb+ padded files and make them code the game in such a way that it wont work if the padding is removed, nothing thye can do about it with this mod.

So if this is true and when Sony gets wind of it they will start ordering devs to insert 4.1Gb+ padded files and make them code the game in such a way that it wont work if the padding is removed, nothing thye can do about it with this mod.

Exactly, till the modders find a way to then split the +4gig files and rejoin on the machine during load.

From the reports we have got, this device basically turns the PS3 into a DEV unit, which can boot un-signed code and also load onto the hard drives etc. If we get any more info on how the device works we will post it up.

1. FAT32 is currently supported. They are working on NTFS.

2. They recommend staying on current firmware and not updating until they have deemed it safe. The dongle is fully updatable.

3. Online play does work but they cannot guarantee that it will work with all future titles.

4. Final retail units are ready to ship.

PSX-Scene

If NTFS is supported it would fix the 4 gig file problem.

PSX-Scene

If NTFS is supported it would fix the 4 gig file problem.

I want this to be true, but somehow, I really doubt it is. And it is not really a hack so to speak. It is ironic that if real, its just a sony dev kit on usb that did it.

OMG!

So excited!

Finally... Now lets see what Sony is gonna do

However tha camera moves to the TV and you cant see the PS3 and the TV at the same time.Just saying

I have a major hardon for this, it looks real to me :)

Also, looks local from the video!

For a console that's had no real hack in around 4 years it looks a bit too easy to be real... but who knows!

For a console that's had no real hack in around 4 years it looks a bit too easy to be real... but who knows!

Not really, we don't know the amount of work or how complex that dongle really is. Tempting and as mentioned, will be interesting to see Sonys response. Doh just around the release of GT5 too.

It should be interesting to see what Team Jungle do now too seeing as they've set foot on PS3 hacking territory.

EDIT: Also, where is selling it? I've looked on the website and there's nothing on the distributors page.

Does anyone know anywhere that is selling it? I've looked on the website but I can't see anything on the Distributors page.

It should be interesting to see what Team Jungle do now too seeing as they've set foot on PS3 hacking territory.

I've actually been waiting for StreetskaterFU's exploit to evolve. It's been out for a while, so I suppose they went as far as they could with it. :unsure: