MineCraft?

MineCraft  

331 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know what MineCraft is?

2. 2. (If you did) How did you hear about it?

3. 3. Did you buy it? And do you enjoy it?

• Yes, I did buy the Alpha and I enjoy it
    • No, I only play online for free on the classic version and I enjoy it
    • Yes I did buy the Alpha and I DO NOT enjoy it
    • No, I only play online for free on the classic version and I DO NOT enjoy it

• 3 weeks later...

If you have heard about it or play it what is your ideas or opinions on it?

I myself have bought it and enjoy it a lot.

What is MineCraft?

"Minecraft is a sandbox construction game created by Markus Persson and is currently in pre release alpha. Minecraft development started around the 10th of May 2009, pre-orders for the full game started being accepted on the 13th of June.

The game involves players creating and destroying various types of blocks in a three dimensional environment. The player takes an avatar that can destroy or create blocks, forming fantastic structures, creations and artwork across the various multiplayer servers in multiple game modes. "

-More info- http://www.minecraftwiki.net

minecraft.jpg

Try it here- http://www.minecraft.net/

SeaNanners explains and does a playthrough of minecraft-

Poll won't let you vote 'No, I do not know what MineCraft is' without choosing options in the other two questions that do not apply to someone who hasn't heard of it.

If anyone enjoys exploring this is THE game, no other comes close to this one, in my experience this is the best sandbox game I've played.

It may look outdated, but its blockiness really helps to understand it faster and better and start experiencing the wonders of digging, discovering new caves, new lava stream, subterraneal rivers, draining bits of sea to discover it depths.

There's also a full-fledged crafting system and monsters that make the experience quite tough in the dark, but they aren't as important to me as the plain digging, at least to me.

Mind you, this game is not for everybody, and many people don't like it, because it doesn't have explicit objectives and think it's simple and outdated. It's biggest drawback is its blackbox-type crafting system, I used a guide to overcome it and make it more enjoyable.

very awesome game, highly addictive! i'm looking forward to the full version and very glad i spent the money now and got a discount. :)

definitely does need more items, i'd say that's the only problem but i'm sure plenty of stuff will be added.

Call that a house? :D

Fortthumb.jpg

That's tiny by most standards too. :(

My biggest issue at the moment is spawns though. Creepers poping inside my house (those exploding pricks **** me up each time) and I've got more animals inside my house than a zoo. :/

sheepthumb.jpg

Is that sheep always respawns there? Would be nice to find some wool every morning by that twoer, knowing the sheep is stupid enough to jump from it.

I've seen a couple of things spawn there. It appears the game engine, at the moment, doesn't check elevation before spawning.

I've uploaded part 2, and Part 3 of my minecraft adventure is uploading right now...

Part 4, 5 and 6, the final part, are where it starts to get good though.