FireFall - Team-based Online Shooter

And the best part: It's going to be free-to-play.

Best part? :(

It does looks good, lead designer from tribes and few Ex-Blizzard. It's a shame it'll likely be a freemium game though.

• 1 month later...

Instead of creating a new thread, I thought I'd resurrect this one.

Here's a new gameplay trailer:

Also, you should register here if you want a chance at playing the beta (whenever that is).

Instead of creating a new thread, I thought I'd resurrect this one.

Here's a new gameplay trailer:

Also, you should register here if you want a chance at playing the beta (whenever that is).

Wow. This looks killer. Truly does.

I have always loved this visual style, and this is without any doubt by far the best implementation I have seen in any game with this style. The lighting is just insane.

Thanks for the link to register. I figured you already had signed up, so I put you down as the referrer. (Y)

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/28580

Ten Ton Hammer: It’s fairly common knowledge that you’re using the Project Offset engine to fuel the graphics behind your game. How did you make the decision to use that particular engine? Are you worried about the system requirements being too high for the common gamer to enjoy the title?

Kern: We love the graphics quality of the Offset engine, but we knew going into this project that no matter what engine we licensed, none of them were really set up to run an MMO. Offset is an extremely flexible engine and it's built to accommodate our changes and specific, unique needs. The fact that the Offset team was local was an added bonus; it's been very easy for us to work together.

We've actually ended up with a highly customized version of the Offset engine. For example, we've written our own terrain rendering system, editors, UI systems, networking layers, AI, etc. We've even reorganized the main render loop to be specific to our game, and implemented our own skinning system to allow us to draw large numbers of players on screen. We've also integrated Natural Motion's animation system, Morpheme, for our character animation, and Havok for our physics. It's not unlike what Valve ended up doing when they customized the Quake engine for the original Half-Life.

The end goal is to be smart about what graphics features you end up using, because you definitely want to be able to have lots of gamers be able to play your game. Look sharp, be playable.

lookin' gud

http://www.red5studios.com/the-tribe/stepheno/

To be honest, I thought they were using a heavily-modified version of Unreal Engine 3.

Wow. This looks killer. Truly does.

I have always loved this visual style, and this is without any doubt by far the best implementation I have seen in any game with this style. The lighting is just insane.

Thanks for the link to register. I figured you already had signed up, so I put you down as the referrer. (Y)

It's awesome indeed. You're welcome. And yeah, I definitely signed up. Thanks! (Y)

• 1 year later...

So apparently there's a Google+ like invite system in place now, would anyone have a key for me? :p I have a Hedone beta key to trade and would give back my invites here too :)

i have been trying to get an invite since the original invites went out :( still havent gotten one.

I will give my first 3 children to whoever gives me an invite, I would give any invites I get from signing up to a single friend I game with, and give all others back to the community. Been trying to get an invite since it started, been looking forward to the game since it was announced.

I will give my first 3 children to whoever gives me an invite, I would give any invites I get from signing up to a single friend I game with, and give all others back to the community. Been trying to get an invite since it started, been looking forward to the game since it was announced.

Oh yeah well, I'll take 3 children from someone to get an invite (not really!)!

• 2 months later...

I recently received an invite. Red 5 sent out 10,000 invites to new testers and 8,000 invites to existing testers to invite their friends. I'm downloading the client right now. :)

821231701.png