CCleaner Auto Updater

XpJqU.png

CCAuto updater is a free tool to automatically update CCleaner. With this tool you never have to download and install the new versions, CCAuto updater will do it for you. You can either run it manually, on schedule, or on start up. After CCAuto Updater has updated CCleaner it will let you know with a small balloontip message or prompt.

CCAuto Updater also has the option to run CCleaner scheduled without any UAC (User account control) prompts. Another advantage of using CCAuto Updater is that the "Yahoo! Toolbar" won't be installed in the updating process.

More Info & Download

Are people really lazy enough to need this? The damn program tells you when there's a new version and takes you to the site. Just download it and install over your old copy. Done. Come on.

I find using Filehippo's Update Checker just fine since it checks most of my apps as well.

I think that software is great. I'd recommend this as it gives updates for a lot of other applications including a few drivers, it's useful stuff.

I find using Filehippo's Update Checker just fine since it checks most of my apps as well.

/Agree

I love Filehippo! although it doesn't update your applications automatically, its great for letting you know when they actually need updating. Although it does get a bit overbearing when it tells you that you should update 13 programs :cry:

Instead of using third-party update checkers, wouldn't it be better if each application had a built-in Sparkle-like updater like most Mac apps do?

CCleaner does have an automatic update checker, that checks for new version when you start the program. You can turn it off if you don't like to use it. I don't understand why anyone would need a thirdparty program, it's so easy to update anyway.

CCleaner does have an automatic update checker, that checks for new version when you start the program. You can turn it off if you don't like to use it. I don't understand why anyone would need a thirdparty program, it's so easy to update anyway.

I know. That was my point. :) If it had an in-app updater like most Mac apps do, you wouldn't even need to visit their website.

If it had an in-app updater like most Mac apps do, you wouldn't even need to visit their website.

And almost all PC apps today do have a built-in updater, even if it's not a sparkle-like one. I guess if Microsoft decided to do something that could gather updates into an application it could happen, but I don't see that coming.

Are people really lazy enough to need this? The damn program tells you when there's a new version and takes you to the site. Just download it and install over your old copy. Done. Come on.

Every time I open CCleaner there's an update. It gets to be inconvenient when you basically have to download and install the program each time you want to use it.

Have to agree.

First thing I do is turn off any type auto update junk in any program, anyway!