Is anybody else unaffected by caffeine or energy drinks?

Yesterday, energy drinks were 2 for 1 at my local store. I bought a pair on the way home and within 20 minutes of drinking them I was asleep. Coffee doesn't prevent me sleeping or wake me up in the morning, either. I'm some kind of superman.

Nope. Coffee doesn't do as much to me as some people, but I do pretty much need it in the morning to live. I'm a zombie for the first few hours of the day if I don't have any.

Nope. Coffee doesn't do as much to me as some people, but I do pretty much need it in the morning to live. I'm a zombie for the first few hours of the day if I don't have any.

The two contradict each other blink.gif

I don't feel the effect of caffeine, anything helps me stay awake, eating or drinking tea helps me, coffee does too, but I can just as easily go to sleep after drinking coffee :/

With caffeine your body can build up a tolerance really quick. So if you are used to drinking mt. dews or a few cups a coffee everyday then it really isnt going to make any differnce if you drink an energy drink, your body is already used to the caffeine.

With caffeine your body can build up a tolerance really quick. So if you are used to drinking mt. dews or a few cups a coffee everyday then it really isnt going to make any differnce if you drink an energy drink, your body is already used to the caffeine.

I actually don't drink coffee or energy drinks often because of said lack of effect. I rarely drink soft drinks either. But I do drink tea often. Maybe that's it.

I am totally affected. Some people are 50-60% water; I'm 50% Pepsi. It doesn't keep me awake at night, though. The side effects are an aversion to drinking water and hysteria followed by despondency when the fridge is devoid of Pepsi.

I'm virtually unaffected. Last time I took a 5 hour energy, I was asleep within an hour. Energy drinks do nothing for me. I'm sure a high tolerance is part of it, but I think most of it is just my body does not let anything effect its cycle as sleeping aids/pills dont put me down.

When I'm tired, I'm tired and I sleep. Nothing so far has been able to significantly alter that one way or another.

I havn't tried energy drinks in a while, but the last couple of years ive had them ive never felt any boost at all.

I'll feel the crash a couple hours later, but never feel any energy boost.

That was way back when I used to drink 2 or more cans of coke a day, so my body was probably adjusted to the caffeine intake.

If I went a day without coke I would get huge headaches from caffeine withdrawals.

caffeine withdrawals.

I have no idea how I would react to an "energy drink", as I don't trust them. Nothing but a dangerous gimmick in a tall beer can.

As for caffeine, yes, it effects me. I get severe headaches if I consume a lot (picnics, family reunions, etc) and I get restless. Other

than that, the "diet" brands of soda I drink regularly are just another form of flavored water.

This reminds me of what I would do when I was in college. I'd essentially detox over the summer staying away from anything that had caffiene. Then when the semester started I could work all day off of one cup of coffee. By the end of the semester I'm always back up to two pots of coffee (24 cups). No Doz was always a bitch and it made me feel weird. Energy drinks were always okay but I find with coffee it works better to have a nice steady and slow intake of caffiene than a single huge burst.

I go through at least one cup of coffee a day as well, work and uni etc. I feel energy drinks do contribute to a more awake state but then again I find you need to pee more after consumption, so it might be just that!