Civ 5... here it comes!

just installed it

kissed my fiancee good bye, told her i'd see her in a couple months :laugh:

the pace of the game seems A LOT slower

and does anyone know how to set spacebar as end turn? i think i'm blind because i can't find options to remap keys :pinch:

One more thing... I can't figure out how to view the actual Hexes.

That is, show the hex outlines all the time. I found where to turn

on showing resources, but I can't find one for hexes.

One more thing... I can't figure out how to view the actual Hexes.

That is, show the hex outlines all the time. I found where to turn

on showing resources, but I can't find one for hexes.

It's on the same drop down menu as show resources, one at the bottom =]

got it.. not that great.. Just think of all the other ones with just a few tweaks and better graphics..

Yup OK lol, played it? I guess not :whistle:

It's on the same drop down menu as show resources, one at the bottom =]

I'll have to check when I get home from work tonight... I must have been exhausted

by the time I went looking for it. lol

F'cking Civilization... here we go again.

F'cking Civilization... here we go again.

Yup lol! Jesus, there should be 'help centres' for this lol, after all, if I'm addicted to alcohol I know where to go :laugh:

I preordered it, but didn't know know it had that steam POS. :( I'm on dial-up, so it takes me a couple of days for the game to load up before I can play it.

In fact, I wanted to play Empire:Total War today, but I can't play it unless I log into steam, and now steam is saying that my account is disabled. So I guess I won't be playing that for a couple of days.

I remember the good old days when you could just put in a cd and play a game. :angry:

EDIT: It looks like I'm not playing Mafia 2 today either. I wish I could cancel my CIV V order. It's just not worth the hassle of that malware called STEAM.

Would like to play this but seems i need to invest in another GFX card as the 6600GT just canna handle it captain! lol

Maybe that be the next upgrade seeing as i brought 2 hard drives and a motherboard for my old 939 system =P

oh

forgot to say

i am kinda impressed how they pushed cutting edge techs

Recomanded:

Windows 7

DX10/11

Quad core processor

kudo for optimizations :p

My dual-core plays it just fine. I haven't had the issues with

slowness others keep talking about. Hell, I can't wait to get off

work and go home to play some more. Just an hour or two, of course.

I preordered it, but didn't know know it had that steam POS. :( I'm on dial-up, so it takes me a couple of days for the game to load up before I can play it.

Eh... you can install it from the DVD.

I dont have the patients for this type of game play anymore.Back when I was younger I could sit in front of the screen and not get bored with it.But now it bores me to much to play something of this style more than 20 minutes.

Played the 100-turn demo. Was really impressed with it. Gonna wait a while till the price goes down a bit, though.

Trying to take a city is kinda hard. Though I guess it's good in that we don't easily lose cities in the first few hundred turns.

I'm loving this game. Pre ordered it on steam a few months ago.

Combat is so much better and so is the new tile system. It gets a little slow at times but I'm assuming that its just my cpu, I've got a core 2 duo and the only place it slows down a little is after my turn when it says that its working out what everyone else is doing.

The graphics look quite nice as well :D

Argh this game really needs some optimizations and fixes soon.

It's hell on my system, which not the greatest but should be able to handle it. (Q6600, 260+ GTX 3GB ram, Windows 7 64 bit)

It's fine in the early game, but later on it begins to get very very laggy and poor. I'm playing a fairly big game with quite a number of units, and i can't load my save game because it will crash my game a few seconds after it's loaded. Which sucks having spent all weekend on that game and i was so close to victory.

The game will also lag for about 30-50seconds when trying to open the diplomacy window every time.