Loading,

You meet a new character,

Loading,

Cut scene,

Loading,

You walk down another hall,

Loading,

Cut scene

Repeat that for basically 30-40 mins and that's DR2's intro. I never bothered to go beyond that cause I was fed up of it.

Picture this for an idea:

You start the game,

Loading,

Intro movie,

Loading,

You walk down the hall,

Loading,

Cut scene,

Loading,

Loading,

Cut scene,

Loading,

Loading,

Cut scene

Repeat that for basically 30-40 mins and that's DR2's intro. I never bothered to go beyond that cause I was fed up of it.

Sounds like they played Modnation Racers and thought the loading times needed to be beaten for kicks.

And let me guess the PS3 version probably has a mandatory install as well and still has those loading times.

How do you get the time freeze to work with trainer, when i tried it set my time to 12am and all the zombies dissappeared and none of the missions worked?

Picture this for an idea:

You start the game,

Loading,

Intro movie,

Loading,

You walk down the hall,

Loading,

Cut scene,

Loading,

Loading,

Cut scene,

Loading,

Loading,

Cut scene

I basically played Words With Friends and Bejeweled while waiting through all of the cut scenes and loading screens :p

So I was playing games the first hour. But it was on my iphone

I've bought Borderlands for us to play through split screen co-op, had no idea it had offline, thought it was just online.

Load screens are pretty short on the pc version :p been playing this on coop with my friend and love it. Its very fun and runs great. Also I like the mouse controls FAR better than with a controller in this game. So much easier to kill zombies. The response time from the controller in this game and the first has always felt so sluggish, its one of the reasons I did not really enjoy the first one because I found it so hard due the controls and died a lot.

And let me guess the PS3 version probably has a mandatory install as well and still has those loading times.

Na, no install on this at all. The load times are not that much different on ps3 to PC. my friend has the pc version, and he came over yesterday because he wanted to see how it faired against it. After 6 hours of us messing around, he said he enjoys it more on the ps3. He said the load times are basically the same, but that it seems more optimized on the console. He likes the more high res textures of the PC more though. He was worried about the load times when he first walked in, after reading what people have reviewed, but upon playing it, he was like," these are nothing, and basically the exact amount of time the PC takes. " He has a pirated version on pc, so he was also very impressed with the RIT online games for money and the coop playing with a friend.

I wasn't a big fan of the first one, but I'm liking this one a lot. Especially when you can play it with a friend.

Load screens are pretty short on the pc version :p been playing this on coop with my friend and love it. Its very fun and runs great. Also I like the mouse controls FAR better than with a controller in this game. So much easier to kill zombies. The response time from the controller in this game and the first has always felt so sluggish, its one of the reasons I did not really enjoy the first one because I found it so hard due the controls and died a lot.

Same with the controls on the first. Just didn't feel right. This time though, it is awesome. And the weapon itemization is just amazing. You can make a ton of weapons, and all are fun to use. Now when I see a weapon that doesn't have the wrench icon, I'm like, what crap is this! lol.

Na, no install on this at all. The load times are not that much different on ps3 to PC. my friend has the pc version, and he came over yesterday because he wanted to see how it faired against it. After 6 hours of us messing around, he said he enjoys it more on the ps3. He said the load times are basically the same, but that it seems more optimized on the console. He likes the more high res textures of the PC more though. He was worried about the load times when he first walked in, after reading what people have reviewed, but upon playing it, he was like," these are nothing, and basically the exact amount of time the PC takes. " He has a pirated version on pc, so he was also very impressed with the RIT online games for money and the coop playing with a friend.

I wasn't a big fan of the first one, but I'm liking this one a lot. Especially when you can play it with a friend.

For some reason, I think you don't know what you're talking about.

And before I bought the game on the PC, I visited a friend with a pirated PS3 copy (that is a gigabyte smaller than the PC version for some reason) to play the game a bit and compared, it's worse than the PC version. You got frame drop issues, longer load screens and less zombies on the screen; which is major part of the fun in the game.

For some reason, I think you don't know what you're talking about.

And before I bought the game on the PC, I visited a friend with a pirated PS3 copy (that is a gigabyte smaller than the PC version for some reason) to play the game a bit and compared, it's worse than the PC version. You got frame drop issues, longer load screens and less zombies on the screen; which is major part of the fun in the game.

Ya, i guess I don't. I only have the game lol. There is no install required on the ps3, at least it didn't on mine. There is not less zombies on screen, but they do disappear quicker once dead. Maybe your friends "pirated" ps3 copy is not up to par with what the real copy is. But a person who has it on PC found no flaws with it on ps3, and said that most reviews are just crying over things that don't matter. On my ps3, the average load time is like 10 seconds, and that is only going between areas. But ya, I absolutely don't know what I'm talking about, cause I only have it and in the past 2 days, have put in well over 13 hours of play......

The game did have a update patch, but did not require any install, as I popped in the disc, and went directly into the main menu. It does say it would, but mine did not install anything. The patch it downloaded at the beginning only took a minute. I have games that have required a install, and I thought this would, but nothing ever popped up asking for it, which I thought was strange. But even looking into my game data folder, there is only saves, no actual file of installation from it.

I do see where it says 2.83 gb, but as I said earlier, it did not prompt me or even show anything that it was installing anything. If it did do a installation, it was instant and showed nothing lol.

Ya, i guess I don't. I only have the game lol. There is no install required on the ps3, at least it didn't on mine. There is not less zombies on screen, but they do disappear quicker once dead. Maybe your friends "pirated" ps3 copy is not up to par with what the real copy is. But a person who has it on PC found no flaws with it on ps3, and said that most reviews are just crying over things that don't matter. On my ps3, the average load time is like 10 seconds, and that is only going between areas. But ya, I absolutely don't know what I'm talking about, cause I only have it and in the past 2 days, have put in well over 13 hours of play......

The game did have a update patch, but did not require any install, as I popped in the disc, and went directly into the main menu. It does say it would, but mine did not install anything. The patch it downloaded at the beginning only took a minute. I have games that have required a install, and I thought this would, but nothing ever popped up asking for it, which I thought was strange. But even looking into my game data folder, there is only saves, no actual file of installation from it.

I do see where it says 2.83 gb, but as I said earlier, it did not prompt me or even show anything that it was installing anything. If it did do a installation, it was instant and showed nothing lol.

If you have it, any reason it's not in your PSN profile? The game does have trophies.

If you have it, any reason it's not in your PSN profile? The game does have trophies.

Trophies don't appear till you or a game syncs them (some games sync them on startup).

Also as he said there is a patch out, one which your friend won't have if he's running a jb PS3.

Trophies don't appear till you or a game syncs them (some games sync them on startup).

Also as he said there is a patch out, one which your friend won't have if he's running a jb PS3.

I've read what he wrote. That's why I asked about the game not being in his PSN profile, seeing he already spent 13 hours on it and downloaded patch for it; which syncs the game with PSN (even if you didn't earn any trophies for it).

I've read what he wrote. That's why I asked about the game not being in his PSN profile, seeing he already spent 13 hours on it and downloaded patch for it; which syncs the game with PSN (even if you didn't earn any trophies for it).

As I said, not all games sync trophies on startup, only some do.

I'm not going to argue with you (the almighty PS3 God), but that guy (shakey) is full of bull****.

No need for the attitude, I'm just telling you how it is with trophies. Couldn't care less if shakey has actually played the game, but it looks like he hasn't as posted above there is a mandatory install.

No need for the attitude, I'm just telling you how it is with trophies. Couldn't care less if shakey has actually played the game, but it looks like he hasn't as posted above there is a mandatory install.

That was a compliment (notice the lack of sarcasm sign or any eye rolling smiles in it) :rolleyes: And I knew I should have bolded the linked text in my first reply, because I think you both missed it. It clearly said:

Like many third-party games on the PS3, Dead Rising 2 has a required HDD installation, but when compared to previous Capcom PS3 offerings, this one isn't that bad. Dead Rising 2 will require 2.83GB of HDD space.

By the way: Do ignore the actual rolling eyes smilie. It's a joke. It was really a compliment.

For the record, I installed Dead Rising 2 to my Xbox 360. While the load times are faster than when not installed, they are still slow and extremely frequent. So much so, that I decided to take it back to Gamestop for instore credit. I just don't have the patience for it.

That was a compliment (notice the lack of sarcasm sign or any eye rolling smiles in it) :rolleyes: And I knew I should have bolded the linked text in my first reply, because I think you both missed it. It clearly said:By the way: Do ignore the actual rolling eyes smilie. It's a joke.

My bad!

• 5 months later...

I ended up pulling the trigger on this yesterday despite all the issues with loading. Just wanted something a bit fun and whacky to blow off some steam. It was between this and Katamari Forever :rofl:

Snagged the Zombrex edition for ?19.99, then it drops to ?17.95 today!!! I shall not weep over ?2 though haha.

• 2 months later...

I'm thinking of grabbing this for the 360 since i saw it on sale at the store yesterday. I've been wanting this game for a while, is it worth a buy?