• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

#31 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,943 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:19

:/ Steam makes it look like it is released already

I noticed this as well. Really odd, it doesn't have a release date on it but the page looks like any other for a game that is out and it's not listed under the "coming soon" tab, but in the "specials" tab. Odd. On top of that the digital premium edition is $44.99 right now, too.

Amazon has it for $47.99 and with your order you get the Ultimate Swordsman suit DLC.

Gamestop has it for $49.99 and you get the merchant pack as a bonus dlc which is the following:
  • Unlocks a special character within each chapter of the game, offering for sale only items obtainable through side-quests.
  • Valuable items, ingredients and schematics, randomly available in Merchant's offering

#32 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

• 5,238 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 13:09

Hm, seems like an interesting game. I never played the first one, is it worth a play through or does it feel "out of date"?

Definitely worth it, graphics are a bit dated but it is a really good game once you get into it. Definitely play through the starter area and into the next area a bit before you decide to play it through to the end or not. First time I played it I quit during the starter area, came back to it a year or two later, played farther, then ended up playing it every day until I had beaten it.

Would be better if they gave you a free witcher sword rather than a weird sculpture. :whistle:

Agreed, but I am a bit of a sword collector so a free sword with a game would be a definite buy for me, assuming the sword looks nice and has a decent price on it, no matter what the game is. :p

Hmm iirc wasnt the first game some wierd turn based style point and click?

Is this going to be a direct control action rpg in the likes of Gothic and Two Worlds?

Not really......it wasn't really turn based, it was just combo based. You could click M1 as fast as you could and get lots of small hits in, but to really do damage you had to time your clicks to increase the combo. Essentially you had to use combos to be effective with sword attacks, it wasn't your typical aim-shoot or click-hold on an enemy to kill it.

#33 macel

macel

Up the Irons!

• 1,174 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:36

Anyone know if this will have censored/uncensored versions like the original game?

#34 inferniac

inferniac

Neowinian Senior

• 5,310 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:31

GR: Different parts of the world have different censorship guidelines, whether it’s more sensitive in America or in Europe, is there a chance that, say, if you’re selling it in America, you may need to block out boobs or make it less violent? For example, the original No More Heroes, in America it had blood shooting out of the enemies, but when it came over to the UK, it was placed with sprites, and there was no blood. Are there going to be any censorship differences between the territories? Or will it be the same game everywhere you buy it?

TG: Well, we’re aiming for the same game everywhere. But, we were aiming the same with The Witcher, so you never know until you actually submit the game. I mean, we have to get ready to potentially censor stuff; it was the same case with our recent trailer, the Prison Break trailer that we released on the net, it had to be censored in the United States. We had to blur out the breasts… but somehow Gametrailers uploaded the wrong one, without censorship, which was really funny! *Laughs* And nobody even noticed!

Source

#35 Billus

Billus

Neowinian Senior

• 1,845 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 00:35

Pre-ordered from Steam. Was gonna get it from GOG mainly cause they have some extra goodies but I don't want to end up forgetting to download the game when it comes out lol. At least with Steam it'll download automatically.

For anyone considering playing the first, do it. It still looks better than most new RPG's coming to PC and the gameplay, especially the storyline is great. Definitely worth a pick up.

#36 inferniac

inferniac

Neowinian Senior

• 5,310 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 16:13

Some photos of the statue from collectors edition.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 OP Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,395 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 25 November 2010 - 18:14

Interesting. Unfortunately, the collector's edition is out of my price range. I'll be happy with the regular version.

#38 WastedJoker

WastedJoker

Rampant Sciolist

• 3,603 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 18:56

Someone help me out...how on earth do I change from mouse to keyboard controls in Witcher?

I'm looking in options but nothing is leaping out at me:(

#39 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,943 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:21

Wow, nevermind, I totally misread that post. My excuse is I'm really tired. :wacko: :rofl:

#40 Billus

Billus

Neowinian Senior

• 1,845 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:32

Someone help me out...how on earth do I change from mouse to keyboard controls in Witcher?

I'm looking in options but nothing is leaping out at me:(

Press F3 to change views. This should change the controls so you can use the traditional WASD and use the mouse for combat.

#41 WastedJoker

WastedJoker

Rampant Sciolist

• 3,603 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:43

Press F3 to change views. This should change the controls so you can use the traditional WASD and use the mouse for combat.

#42 +Lovell

Lovell

,l,(-.-),l,

• 1,680 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 22:17

Posted Image

#43 inferniac

inferniac

Neowinian Senior

• 5,310 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:27

New trailer (mostly old footage though)

#44 inferniac

inferniac

Neowinian Senior

• 5,310 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 13:02

Dev Diary 2, about the game engine. They confirm the system requirements I posted on the second page.

#45 burnsflipper

burnsflipper

practical dreamer

• 1,131 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 13:31

did.. that guy had a burning chunk of wood as a head? :unsure: