Minecraft extreme: making a computer with redstone.

It is impressive, but it does seem like a massive waste of time and really makes you wonder about some people....

You mean like: Watching TV, playing computer games, or going to watch a movie? A whole lot of time of our lives are spent wasting time. Wasting time on stuff we enjoy.

Fantastic work - I'm studying logic in Digital Fundamentals & PLDs at school right now, so seeing Redstone and circuitry in my new favorite game was an awesome surprise!

Do you have any hobbies Honda?

Yes.

Do you write with a pencil on paper or with a rock on a stone?

Do you have any hobbies Honda?

Yes.

Do you write with a pencil on paper or with a rock on a stone?

Yes.

Your hobbies are stupid.

Honestly, voting something down just because you wouldn't be willing to put the time and effort into it is stupid.....you should vote based on its content, in this case, a computer built in a sandbox game using basic circuitry, not on whether or not you could accomplish or would be willing to dedicate that amount of time to it.

The fact that you say its impressive counteracts your later statement that its stupid, how many stupid things do you find impressive?

how many stupid things do you find impressive?

Alot of stupid things are impressive :unsure:

We are kind of getting off topic.

My opinion is that this is stupid and serves no purpose other than epenis. Yours could be different.

what the hell is this MineCraft anyway? i'm too lazy to look it up, so someone explain it to me, coz i still think it's somehow related to Minesweeper.

My opinion is that this is stupid and serves no purpose other than epenis. Yours could be different.

Do you feel the same about all games? Minecraft is a game, this redstone computer is a hell of an achievement, saying it is stupid and serves no purpose is basically saying all forms of entertainment are stupid and serve no purpose. Sure YOU might not enjoy it, but it doesn't mean it is stupid and pointless. If ANYONE gets entertainment and value out of something (a game especially) then it has served its purpose.

what the hell is this MineCraft anyway? i'm too lazy to look it up, so someone explain it to me, coz i still think it's somehow related to Minesweeper.

In a way it is related to minesweeper, you only have squares to work with, and you may end up running into a random Creeper that will blow you up (like bombs in minecraft) except you get no hints as to where creepers are. :p

Just do a google search for it and watch a few videos, its an extremely intuitive sandbox game.

ok thanks, i assume you were talking about Minesweeper? i'll make sure to look it up, it seems to be of some significance...

Yeah...fixed.....joking aside its not related to minesweeper in any way, about the closest parallel you could draw is saying you never know whats under or behind that block your about to dig/mine, sort of like how you never know whats behind the first block you click in minesweeper, but other then that its really nothing like minesweeper, it just sort of sounds like it.

If your creative and like building things while having to find all the materials for it first, than MineCraft is for you. You can build virtually any type of structure anywhere in the world, and the world is virtually infinite in size (scaled to the player character size, its 8-9x larger than earth). It is also randomly generated as you move around and explore or create new maps, making the world itself extremely interesting just to explore.

thanks for all the info Nagisan and also for the video Preke, i knew this is something i should stay away from - looks like the kind of thing i'll get hooked on if i get started and that's not good!