Batman 3 "The Dark Knight Rises"

this film was terrible

I loved the previous 2 but god knows how this has got 9.3/10 on IMDB just shows you that people are rating the movie before seeing it.

its was all about nothing really and bruce wayne going bank rupt and the house being sold. WTF

I think you missed half the movie ...

I think you missed half the movie ...

Agreed.....the whole point of this movie was to strip Wayne back to bare bones. Show a world not needing the Batman any longer, and show what an empty vessel Wayne actually is without his escapism. Then show the need for "a presence" of order (enter Bane as the counter balance), and the outcome without order, and show the need for Wayne to grow himself, as, as Batman, he's just not enough.

I thought a few of the points in the film were very poignant.

• Like 1

Bale making a visit to the hospital and memorial at that theater yesterday was very very cool and awesome of him... I'll watch his movies and support the man even more now!

this film was terrible

I loved the previous 2 but god knows how this has got 9.3/10 on IMDB just shows you that people are rating the movie before seeing it.

its was all about nothing really and bruce wayne going bank rupt and the house being sold. WTF

Uh no I rated it 9/10 after watching it. If you didn't like it doesn't mean nobody else did.

I saw it, it was epic, if you didn't like it that's on you, I did so I don't care what others say. :)

I like what they tried to do with the misdirect about Bane being Ra's kid, though of course if you follow the comics then you didn't fall for it and all the clues as to the real "twist" were there for those who knew to catch them. Also I like how it ends yet it also doesn't, I mean you could say Wayne as batman is done unless they come up with something else to bring him back otherwise they can go with a Robin/Nightwing spin on it if they wanted to. I just don't want to see another reboot, seriously guys lets not do this all over in 3-5 years please!

Just a thought...

We know Wayne survives at the end. This is not the first time Wayne has been declared dead. I think you guys know where I'm going with this.

. Anyone agree?

Just a thought...

We know Wayne survives at the end. This is not the first time Wayne has been declared dead. I think you guys know where I'm going with this.

. Anyone agree?

Yeah but before when he is declared dead it isn't because he is quitting. The ended they had was great and I would hate to see them bring back Bale in anything beyond a teaching role for JGL. Really only Oldman would need to return to keep most things intact. Freeman and Caine are pretty old as it is and could just be retired should they go back to Nolan's world.

I saw it, it was epic, if you didn't like it that's on you, I did so I don't care what others say. :)

I like what they tried to do with the misdirect about Bane being Ra's kid, though of course if you follow the comics then you didn't fall for it and all the clues as to the real "twist" were there for those who knew to catch them. Also I like how it ends yet it also doesn't, I mean you could say Wayne as batman is done unless they come up with something else to bring him back otherwise they can go with a Robin/Nightwing spin on it if they wanted to. I just don't want to see another reboot, seriously guys lets not do this all over in 3-5 years please!

I haven't read the comics but in earlier part of the movie, when the protector of Ra's kid is shown from behind - I couldn't help but think Tom Hardy based on just his physique. Although I didn't catch the actual twist at that time. :)

Yeah but before when he is declared dead it isn't because he is quitting. The ended they had was great and I would hate to see them bring back Bale in anything beyond a teaching role for JGL. Really only Oldman would need to return to keep most things intact. Freeman and Caine are pretty old as it is and could just be retired should they go back to Nolan's world.

I'd say it goes along the lines of when Gotham needs him again, he will show up. I have no problem bringing back Bale for Batman... after all they can be crimebusting together.. fighting together like in that part of the movie he tells Blake to wear a mask.hahaha I really thought of that as a Batman and Robin chemistry. Also does anyone think when Bane broke Batman's back.. he healed really quick?

I'd say it goes along the lines of when Gotham needs him again, he will show up. I have no problem bringing back Bale for Batman... after all they can be crimebusting together.. fighting together like in that part of the movie he tells Blake to wear a mask.hahaha I really thought of that as a Batman and Robin chemistry. Also does anyone think when Bane broke Batman's back.. he healed really quick?

It does seem quick, but it wasn't so much a clean break as it was a vertebrae that got knocked out of place a bit, think of it as a slipped disk, which hurts like hell and doesn't let you move but once it's poped back into place you can move around again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slipped_disc For your reading pleasure if you want more details.

Anyways, bringing Bruce back as batman could be done if they decide to have JGL as say, Nightwing and not the next batman. But I dunno, we see the new bat signal on the roof so it seems to me that the ending is passing the torch and we've got a new batman who isn't Wayne now. By the way, even this isn't new to the comics. In one of the batman comics series Bruce goes missing iirc and original Robin (Dick Grasson, who's Nightwing at the time) takes his place as Batman. So they can sorta borrow that prerequisite if you will and use it for a 4th movie instead of giving us another reboot, god help us.

Anyways, bringing Bruce back as batman could be done if they decide to have JGL as say, Nightwing and not the next batman. But I dunno, we see the new bat signal on the roof so it seems to me that the ending is passing the torch and we've got a new batman who isn't Wayne now. By the way, even this isn't new to the comics. In one of the batman comics series Bruce goes missing iirc and original Robin (Dick Grasson, who's Nightwing at the time) takes his place as Batman. So they can sorta borrow that prerequisite if you will and use it for a 4th movie instead of giving us another reboot, god help us.

But in the comics.. Robin takes over because Batman is healing from his spinal injury wasn't it? I don't remember. I guess they can do it. But the fact that we know Wayne survived (probably ejected from The Bat, and put the Bat on Autopilot as they stated again and again in the movie.

But in the comics.. Robin takes over because Batman is healing from his spinal injury wasn't it? I don't remember. I guess they can do it. But the fact that we know Wayne survived (probably ejected from The Bat, and put the Bat on Autopilot as they stated again and again in the movie.

I could be wrong but I think he stepped in as Batman because Bruce got sucked back in time or something else, and everything thinks he's dead, *hint**hint*. But the was before DC did it's big 52 reboot or w/e they call it. The point is that it's happened before in the comics so I think they can use it as a basis for a 4th movie or w/e they decide to do. This is all up to WB though and if they feel they can go down this path and do a 4th movie or something then great, otherwise I'd hate it if this sat idle for x number of years only to have us once again get a reboot all over.

I thought he did heal really quick :laugh:. Just a hard punch on the back and done! I had a minor slipped disc like injury and it took me 4-5 months of therapy to recover.

I thought he did heal really quick :laugh:. Just a hard punch on the back and done! I had a minor slipped disc like injury and it took me 4-5 months of therapy to recover.

Well, yeah, but you are not batman :)

Batman is still human. Recovery is still should be around the same time. It's not like he is Wolverine with Insta-regeneration.

Haha, You beat me to it. :p

I love the dual ending in that regard GP007, and I too hope for no reboots. I'd rather they leave it alone since they would have to go campy again. Aquaman needs his movie too! :laugh:

I love the dual ending in that regard GP007, and I too hope for no reboots. I'd rather they leave it alone since they would have to go campy again. Aquaman needs his movie too! :laugh:

It really doesn't seem like they have to, the way it ends someone can step in after Nolan and keep it going if they wanted to and with the right plot it should work out

and they could bring Bruce back and maybe have this as a setup for a future Batman Beyond movie? Oh, now that'd be interesting. Besides there have been quite a number of batmans before, there is also the Frank Miller The Dark Knight Returns plot line that could work for a 4th movie with the right changes to fit into DKR. In that comic Bruce is 55 years old btw. Older than he's in the DKR movie, so it works out.

I guess I was thinking if there was a dreaded reboot it would be 'less dark and super cereal' - ie campy. Don't even tease abut that, I would lose it for Miller's DK Returns. One of my favs and def fits the mood Nolan has created. Bale is gonna have to get fat. :)

Speaking of possible sequels instead of reboots and so on, now way WB hasn't seen what happend with The Avengers and how much that movie pulled it. They should try to do a JLA movie at some point. Or if not that then a good Batman and Superman crossover movie could work specially with how they're taking superman down close to batman as far as "seriousness" and "dark" are concerned.

That said, I think Batman will take a vacation while they do Superman movies next. If this reboot works for them then I can see a Superman trilogy and then maybe after that we can get a crossover or just go back to Batman + Robin this time? Guess we'll wait and see how it goes, but please god no more batman reboots, we really don't have to, not with how DKR ended anyways.

On healing:

It took him 5 months to heal basically. He was in the prison for almost 5 months.

• Like 1

Yea, I think the need to address the healing time called for the protracted bomb timer (which I didn't really have issue with, other than being boring - more of a lost opportunity. Using a timer in film requires finess and for Nolan, it seemed a bit easy. (I say that out of respect)

I say, concentrate on Superman and then see what comes. A crossover would be heaven. I want a campy

personally but Wonder Woman or the Flash are both ripe too. If anyone needs a reboot its the amazon.

Just back from seeing this on IMAX this evening, finally, after what seemed like an eternal wait and a mission to avoid spoilers and so forth over the last week.

Where to begin.. I think I can safely say that this has been my movie of the year, no doubt about it. I liked the characters, I liked the story, I liked the score, I liked the way it was shot.. I mean visually not much comes close to these films and this is probably the best of the trilogy for look and feel. A lot of reviews have moaned about the long, long lull in the middle of the film but I found there were enough action scenes to help with that, and I also felt the lull helped build up the enthusiasm for the final scenes.. when it gets going, it really get's going. There are some solid performances - really felt Christian Bale did his character proud and also thought Michael Caine was really, really strong as you'd expect for a veteran of his stature!

My only beefs I guess were some muffled speech, not just from Bane, making it hard to follow what was going on at some points. A few plot contrivances here and there and very light layer of cheese from time to time. I was also a touch disappointed with the

whole Robin set-up at the end, knowing that Nolan is done with the franchise now... whoever follows in his shoes simply will never come close to the level he set on this film and I'm slightly disappointed he even allowed the setup for further films to happen.. I also felt that the way Bane was killed was quite poor and that he deserved a more theatrical ending!

Those small points can't detract from a film that literally had me on the edge of my seat right up to the end - the three Nolan Batman films have to go down in movie making history as some of the best films ever made, and I will be right at the front of the queue to pick this up when it hits bluray!

9/10.

• Like 1