didn't see the fight, but on Twitter Ariel Halwany pretty much said the same thing, and the scoring seemed off from what I hear the fight was like vs the judges scores

The UFC is going to have to seriously do something about judging before it blows up in their faces, which it might just be ready to do by the sounds of it, crap like this is only going to hurt thee brand right when it's poised to really take off as a mainstream sport 

didn't see the fight, but on Twitter Ariel Halwany pretty much said the same thing, and the scoring seemed off from what I hear the fight was like vs the judges scores

The UFC is going to have to seriously do something about judging before it blows up in their faces, which it might just be ready to do by the sounds of it, crap like this is only going to hurt thee brand right when it's poised to really take off as a mainstream sport 

There was no robbery, watch the fight. Only one card was "bad". 48-47 was, IMO, the correct call for that fight, the 49-48 card was ludicrous. 2 scores on the undercard were way worse than this. That a judge somehow saw a 29-28 for Roland Delorme is incredible.

The UFC can't do anything about the judging without interfering with the commissions. It's in the best interest of the sport that they remain as far away from it as possible or else they'll cast a shadow over every controversial decision that ends up benefiting the UFC economically. Just look at the last Floyd fight, the judge that scored it a draw (HOW!?) was protected by Kizer until he conceded it was a absolutely ridiculous call.

Even UFC have messed up judges!

Ontario commission, nothing to do with the UFC. They don't even pick the referees. One guy cost Ren?e Forte the possibility of remembering the name of his kids later in life. And the kicker is... they don't release individual round scores.

The UFC only picks the judges in countries where there is no sporting commission like Brazil.

How is it Jon Jones won and he's the one receiving health treatment :/

So what? It was a war. Gustafsson was certainly worse for wear in the end of the 4th round. If damage counted for the scores, B.J Penn would've never lost a decision in his life. Gustafsson got his head stapled back together from the spinning elbow.

That was... interesting. Trying to decide what's more unusual, that or this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT3qmC9PKWQ

Ever heard of X-ARM?

Dumbest MMA crossover "sport" ever. That russian video is par the course of what you would expect in a country filled with Combat Sambo fighters that hasn't gone to war in a while. Russian MMA is absolutely crazy. I wish that I could fight the tag team MMA video I once saw that showed a full fight.

*snipped*

Congratulations. You found the weirdest MMA crossover ever.  :s I thought it was just taping up their hands to avoid slipping out of each other's grasp; I certainly wasn't expecting that!

Congratulations. You found the weirdest MMA crossover ever.  :s I thought it was just taping up their hands to avoid slipping out of each other's grasp; I certainly wasn't expecting that!

How about Shock Fights?

Dumbasses and electric knuckles.

...I stand corrected.  :|

Just wait until I find the tag team MMA fight. :rofl:

Cards are goddamned stacked until the end of 2013. I think Dana will wait until he has the buy rate final numbers to announce a rematch. One should note that there aren't any relevant LHW clashes until the next year. And seeing how Mousasi is probably going back to MW, the UFC is quite in a pickle. The rematch extends the shelf life of the division, or else it's Teixeira, then Davis.

Glover Teixeira, not Alexander Gustafsson, next for Jon Jones

What the ######, why is Gustafsson fighting on a swedish card? It will almost certainly be a Fox Sports 2 event and he'll be fighting either Phil Davis or Lil' Nog. How does that raise his profile as a future star? Goddamn, that's dumb.

During a recent media interview, UFC President Dana White claims former WWE star Ken Shamrock owes him $175,000 in legal fees, and that he is coming after Shamrock for the money. You can check out the interview below:

Oh well, Jones probably has a say who he wants next tbh

Yes, he certainly has some level of pull within the company. But I don't think Teixeira moves the needle more than a rematch with Gustafsson. This decision just buries Gustafsson after the highest profile fight he ever had and guarantees that the LHW division will shut down in 2014.

...I stand corrected.  :|

Found it! Tag Team MMA IN A SAND PIT.

The promotion is called Thrones MMA, based out of Russia. Of course none of those guys have official records. It's... something.

• Like 1