Apple Media Event, October 20th

OS X SL does feel pretty new still considering we are only on 10.6.4 - but then it still will be a while until we get our paws on 10.7!

/me wubs his hackintosh :wub:

The "big cat" pictured looks a lot like a lion or a tiger. OK, "Tiger" has been used...

But each "big cat" release is a major point release (10.5 being Leopard, 10.6 being Snow Leopard, etc)... But I thought we were gonna get a 10.6.5 long before we saw a 10.7? Yet the cat usage does suggest a major point release...

Confused much!

The "big cat" pictured looks a lot like a lion or a tiger. OK, "Tiger" has been used...

But each "big cat" release is a major point release (10.5 being Leopard, 10.6 being Snow Leopard, etc)... But I thought we were gonna get a 10.6.5 long before we saw a 10.7? Yet the cat usage does suggest a major point release...

Confused much!

Looks nothing like a tiger tbh.

Even if they announce 10.7 next week doesn't mean we'll be seeing it for a good while yet. Maybe next summertime... 10.6.5 will come before that. There isn't much that needs to be fixed up in 10.6 though.

I'm hoping its news about 10.7 and I reckon it will be, due to the lion in the picture. I don't think 'Mac OS X Lion' has much of a ring to it, but that's what it probably will be :D

I love a lot of features of Mac OS X, so if they happen to overhaul their 'dock' idea so it functions more like Windows 7's taskbar, they may win me over this time.

You guys need to go to the zoo more often.... That is a lion in the picture, look at the facial structure, the hair and the maine that is visible

I'm hoping its news about 10.7 and I reckon it will be, due to the lion in the picture. I don't think 'Mac OS X Lion' has much of a ring to it, but that's what it probably will be :D

I love a lot of features of Mac OS X, so if they happen to overhaul their 'dock' idea so it functions more like Windows 7's taskbar, they may win me over this time.

well they've had lions and tigers now, the next one should be OSX bears... oh my :laugh:

Probably - iOS4 (Lazy Lion) for the Mac, wasn't there speculation they were moving ios to the mac platform?

if they ever did, they'd lose a LOT of their user base.... you'd be switching from a true multi tasking environment to a fixed do one thing at a time environment... so no wokring on you webpage and photoshop and dragging between the two....

It's probably 10.7, which will release next year. Maybe iLife 11 too.

I'd love to see stronger iOS OSX integration. Like being able to run apps on either platform, although I realize they have to keep iOS somewhat separate to not cripple the revenue stream of companies selling desktop software.

if they ever did, they'd lose a LOT of their user base.... you'd be switching from a true multi tasking environment to a fixed do one thing at a time environment... so no wokring on you webpage and photoshop and dragging between the two....

I thought ios4 had true multitasking, it doesn't? I'm sure they would have to make some "adjustments" to ios4 to use on the mac platform, but aren't they also talking about touchscreens for the mac as as well, which would mean "adjustments" for osx as well. Wouldn't ios4 be easier to port to the mac than changing osx to use the touchscreens properly?