Xbox.com website update

In order to prepare for these changes, starting at 0500 ET/0200 PT/0900 GMT on October 20th (tomorrow) Xbox.com and the Xbox forums will be offline and unavailable for a short period of time. When it returns, you?ll see the new site.

Here's some preview shots of the new layout.

My link

Wow those screenshots look nice. I like the way they're moving with that design. Does this coincide at all with the Dashboard update (I think I read about that lol) when is that?

Microsoft has been doing great with website designs lately. (Seen the new XNA/MSDN App Hub?)

Now if only they can revamp their homepage to fit their cleaner and more modern image...

Just went to the forums, not linked to this update. Finally, they don't list every game, forum on the same page. What fool thought that was a good idea. Took an age to load before.

Hopefully they wont use too much silverlight like the zune site forcing me to switch back and forth between my 64bit ie9 because they havent bothered releasing a 64bit version of silverlight yet.

Love the new layout. Honestly, I'm probably going to get called a fanboy, but I don't care -- I love the entire Metro simplicity that Microsoft seems to be going across all platforms. I think it's brilliant, personally -- good use of colors, fonts, shapes, and easy navigation. Seems Microsoft is finally realizing the former shortcomings of its products.

(To be fair, I never thought the old Xbox.com was horrendous, it just wasn't all that great.)

Love the new layout. Honestly, I'm probably going to get called a fanboy, but I don't care -- I love the entire Metro simplicity that Microsoft seems to be going across all platforms. I think it's brilliant, personally -- good use of colors, fonts, shapes, and easy navigation. Seems Microsoft is finally realizing the former shortcomings of its products.

(To be fair, I never thought the old Xbox.com was horrendous, it just wasn't all that great.)

A fanboy for having a preference or opinion. You are hardly a fan boy sir. I am with you 100% on the design.

nice.. so when is the Dashboard update?

Most likely right before the Kinect launch or the day of launch. So the beginning of November most likely :)

Jesus looks like the AppHub on MSDN...

It seems MS is slowlly moving all their stuff to more or less the same UI/layout over time. Which is fine by me as long as they look good.

Ohhh here we go. changing for the sakes of changing. Xbox360 has had gone through 3 dashboard updates, yet the classic xbox only had one dash. Design a dash and interface and stick with it! Stop changing all the time.