Gingerbread man arrive at Google

MMM tastey .... I assume this has something to do with the dreaded Xmas. :shifty:

Can't tell if you're joking because of the smiley, but this is almost certainly for the next release of Android, code-named "Gingerbread," which sounds more like Android 2.3 each day compared to Android 3.0.

Can't tell if you're joking because of the smiley, but this is almost certainly for the next release of Android, code-named "Gingerbread," which sounds more like Android 2.3 each day compared to Android 3.0.

I agree, I think they may have changed it from being 3.0 to 2.3, because looking at all the news and leaks on it, it really isn't a "major release" at all.

Don't forget that version numbers don't mean a great deal to Google. Just look how quickly Chrome has gone from 6, to 7, to 8 and now to 9 with almost no changes. Google could quite easily call Gingerbread 3.0 even with only minor changes.

everyone that buys a device that comes with android should get a coupon for a free which ever codename the device comes with (donut, foyo, Gingerbread, honey comb, icecream, jellybean,)

everyone that buys a device that comes with android should get a coupon for a free which ever codename the device comes with (donut, foyo, Gingerbread, honey comb, icecream, jellybean,)

LOLS really nice idea! =D

Don't forget that version numbers don't mean a great deal to Google. Just look how quickly Chrome has gone from 6, to 7, to 8 and now to 9 with almost no changes. Google could quite easily call Gingerbread 3.0 even with only minor changes.

Quite true, but I wonder if they might be a little more understanding with regards to their OS when comparing it to something like iOS. Not to mention, for anyone that ends up getting stuck with Android 2.x (sad you can't even blanket state 2.2), then they will feel pretty upset when Android 3.0 comes out. At least I would.

Ah, I see -- did not know that. ;)