[Definitive] Best Windows Phone apps

I'm looking for a decent countdown appz.

Which means that it's simple to use, runs in background, who doesn't crash, and if possible who has a live tile.

So far, I haven't found any matching those objectives.

I'm looking for a decent countdown appz.

Which means that it's simple to use, runs in background, who doesn't crash, and if possible who has a live tile.

So far, I haven't found any matching those objectives.

SuperTimer

i use Pulse.. its updated now. .. still lags a bit. but what covers for the lag is the fact that the whole UI displays so much DATA at one time.. it makes up for the lag. there are 3 stories on each row... and 3 4 rows. with a pic. with text. and all the Feeds are downloaded in advance. so when u select one. its instant. its brilliant. it has reduced my time on the PC by about 1hour.. the time it took to get upto date with all the news feeds..

now i can do all that in under 5 minutes :D

Devs need to cut this US marketplace only BS, it's so easy to just release your app for every country the marketplace supports, I hate the fact I can't download most things because my live ID isn't a US one etc.

Hell even MS does this, I can't get the xbox live companion app either. FFS, Stop it already!

Devs need to cut this US marketplace only BS, it's so easy to just release your app for every country the marketplace supports, I hate the fact I can't download most things because my live ID isn't a US one etc.

Hell even MS does this, I can't get the xbox live companion app either. FFS, Stop it already!

Is it possible that language is the problem? I probably wouldn't release an app in non-English speaking markets because I only speak English (unfortunately). Surely you wouldn't want the Greek Marketplace to be flooded with non-Greek apps.

It's MS who made one marketplace per country/region.

There is probably a very good reason behind that, because it's costing them much more money and windows 8 will be region free.

Is it possible that language is the problem? I probably wouldn't release an app in non-English speaking markets because I only speak English (unfortunately). Surely you wouldn't want the Greek Marketplace to be flooded with non-Greek apps.

Apps specifically state the languages they support and already the Greek marketplace is mostly full of English only apps and games so that's not a factor.

It's MS who made one marketplace per country/region.

There is probably a very good reason behind that, because it's costing them much more money and windows 8 will be region free.

Not really, when you send your app/game into the marketplace for certification and so on you pick which countries you want it to support, YOU YOURSELF can limit it if you want, so it's up to the dev not MS. Lots of apps could be US only, or just US, UK. I've also seen lots that are US, UK, France, Germany and so on. It's not a MS limit, or a region lock like on DVDs for example. All it is is developers setting it for US only or something.

Newegg.com Releases Windows Phone App

newegg.jpg?9d7bd4

Newegg.com, an online retailer of computer hardware and software has released its Windows Phone today. Using this app you can make purchases, browse through products, etc,.

http://redirect.zune.net/redirect/preferences/askclient?ReturnUrl=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.zune.net%2fredirect%3ftype%3dphoneApp%26id%3d083d71d4-f629-4d2d-8df8-ecfcd337242e%26source%3d

StreamBox7 for streaming music from your Dropbox

streambox.png

The app is simple enough: drop some music into your Dropbox root folder, fire up the app, login and you're music will show up. You can then stream the music to your device, playing it in the background with ease.

The app fetches for $0.99 with a free trial if you want to give it a spin. It supports .WMV and .MP3 files, which should cover most people. Thanks, Ben H., for the tip!

http://www.wpcentral.com/streambox7-streaming-music-your-dropbox

• 3 weeks later...

Suggestion Box is a good one, it's an updated version of the My WP7 Idea app I've mentioned before. It allows you to post your ideas on what you would like to see in the next Windows Phone update.

• 4 weeks later...

Suggestion Box is a good one, it's an updated version of the My WP7 Idea app I've mentioned before. It allows you to post your ideas on what you would like to see in the next Windows Phone update.

Interesting. I'll be checking that out for sure. :) Thanks.

facebook.jpg

Official Facebook app for Windows Phone getting huge update today.

News feed performance improvements

My mate has an iPhone4 and has a cool (stupid really) app, called talking tom cat .. or something like that. I've had a quick look, but from what I can tell - it's only available for iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Anyone know if it (or something similar) is available for WP7?

you mean something like talking tiger?

Btw, you guys should check out AppFlow, it has am amazing UI for discovering apps.

Also, does anyone here use YouTube pro? It's a great youtube app, it even integerates into the music hub history.

you mean something like talking tiger?

Btw, you guys should check out AppFlow, it has am amazing UI for discovering apps.

Also, does anyone here use YouTube pro? It's a great youtube app, it even integerates into the music hub history.

i use Metro Tube... is the youtube pro app better?

Metro tube integerates aswell.