[Definitive] Best Windows Phone apps

Audible is now in the marketplace! I'm so tempted because I don't have enough time to read so audiobooks are the next best thing!

http://wmpoweruser.com/audible-for-windows-phone-now-live-in-marketplace/%22http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/bdc813dd-c20b-41f8-8646-de72fa0b365d?wa=wsignin1.0

Favourite app for me is Nokia Drive.

I use Fhotoroom quite a bit.

I prefer touch.facebook.com to the official facebook app.

Not so much an end-user app exactly, but ran into "Notify My WP7" a while back. Lets me send push notifications to the phone from any application/service via a simple https post request. Have various servers and a few other services that I don't typically see fire off notifications if they need my attention due to errors or whatnot. Pretty handy. Kind of goes along with another one I find handy, SSH Client Pro, pretty obvious what that one does.

When will MS sort out the Marketplace ?

Its near impossible to find new / undiscovered apps without either knowing the name of it, or scrolling through loads you already seen a hundred times

My point: What is the point of categories if they have absolutely no connection to the groups of apps they display ?

Capture.PNG

When will MS sort out the Marketplace ?

Its near impossible to find new / undiscovered apps without either knowing the name of it, or scrolling through loads you already seen a hundred times

My point: What is the point of categories if they have absolutely no connection to the groups of apps they display ?

Capture.PNG

Games are also Applications? :p

I agree though, I think they're going to make changes though, dunno what at this point. We know that newer WP8 devices won't need a app like the zune client for things, which should mean we can expect backend changes. With them actually compiling your app for you I think there should be a general upgrade of the webstore as it'll now be the main way to get apps outside of the phone itself.

Games are also Applications? :p

I agree though, I think they're going to make changes though, dunno what at this point. We know that newer WP8 devices won't need a app like the zune client for things, which should mean we can expect backend changes. With them actually compiling your app for you I think there should be a general upgrade of the webstore as it'll now be the main way to get apps outside of the phone itself.

Yea that's my point, games are in the apps section and vice versa, compared the the Android market, and considering its a massive deal smaller, it is a complete nightmare mess to find anything in

When they announced 100k apps in the marketplace I was like 100k ? I can only find 100 tops

Yea that's my point, games are in the apps section and vice versa, compared the the Android market, and considering its a massive deal smaller, it is a complete nightmare mess to find anything in

When they announced 100k apps in the marketplace I was like 100k ? I can only find 100 tops

They need to step in and stop the keyword highjacking or w/e they call it. That's the reason behind the mess IMO. I have hopes they will though, I think the WP8 and WIn8 stores will share the same backend.

Let me propose my new game: Letris. It is a mix the most amusing and challenging parts of two classics: Tetris and Scrabble. The goal of the game is simple: compose as many words as you can in order to prevent the game board from filling up. The more words you build, the faster the letters fall from the top of the screen and the more points you get.

In addition, Letris tracks your progress over time so you can watch yourself improve. You can also compare yourself with friends with the online leaderboard! Three dictionaries are available: English, Spanish, and French!

Download it now!

img.php?s=8&d=http%3A%2F%2Fwindowsphone.com%2Fs%3Fappid%3Df679c296-e8a7-4e58-b5a3-e0a08dd17268

Anyone know of a decent Twitter app that has a constant Live Tile update with the latest timeline tweets ?

I've tried Seesmic but the live tile isn't live / doesn't even move

Official twitter app doesn't have a live tile, Rowi lets you pin the timeline but is not live

and the Marketplace seems to think that searching for "Twitter" should bring up Instant TV, Kinect Star Wars and Solitaire

Anyone know of a decent Twitter app that has a constant Live Tile update with the latest timeline tweets ?

Official twitter app doesn't have a live tile, Rowi lets you pin the timeline but is not live

and the Marketplace seems to think that searching for "Twitter" should bring up Instant TV, Kinect Star Wars and Solitaire

To be fair, those three apps feature Twitter integration so they should come up in the search. However, I see where you're coming from and agree that it would be nice if the Marketplace was able to sort results a bit more intelligently. Hopefully the changes that GP007 referred to will resolve these issues.

Official Twitter apps has been updated with notifications this week AFAIK.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've found a pretty good weather app that seems to support a ton of cities all around the world. It's called Weather View, from a swedish dev. and it's also pretty fast, has a live tile, and only requires data services (no identity or anything like that). Oh, also it's free and ad free as well ! :)

I've found a pretty good weather app that seems to support a ton of cities all around the world. It's called Weather View, from a swedish dev. and it's also pretty fast, has a live tile, and only requires data services (no identity or anything like that). Oh, also it's free and ad free as well ! :)

That is the one by PDC Sweden isnt it?

I think it's time to have some moderator change the title of this thread and drop the 7 from it. Just call it Best WP apps, without a version number IMO.

Unless you guys want to start up a WP8 specific thread since those apps can't run on 7 phones.

Unless you guys want to start up a WP8 specific thread since those apps can't run on 7 phones.

+1 for that option, will be nice to still see 7.x apps listed separately, I guess the WP8 apps deserve their own thread as it is a different OS/Device in reality

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can I add my app Goal Centre to the list? Was fed up with Sky Sports etc being sooooo slow so decided to try and make something faster and better :)

Marketplace: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=08ada97d-789a-44af-afda-745ea324205e

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/goalcentrewp

Also grateful for any feedback, cheers