[Definitive] Best Windows Phone apps

is it just me or is the youtube not really an app, but launches you in the browser?

Yes. What the YouTube app does, is that it lets you play videos from m.youtube.com. But when you launch it, it simply opens the browser.

This one isn't out at the moment, but I use it on my Android Handset, Kindle for WP7 looks pretty good.

Anyway I have these apps, some may be duplicating functionality I already have on the HD7 but i'm looking at which one has the best functions:

Adobe Reader

Attentive Phone (HTC)

Facebook

Flashlight (HTC)

Groceries (Tesco, Allows my to order Groceries on the go, UK only)

ITN News

KAYAK

Last.FM

Level (Microsoft)

Lists (HTC)

London Tube

Ministry Of Sound

My WP7 Idea (Great App for suggesting WP7 features you want, a little sluggish but refreshes every time you load it)

Notes (HTC)

Poynt

Shazam

Shopping List (Microsoft)

SteamCommunity

Stocks (Microsoft)

Tesco Real Food

Translator (Microsoft)

Unit Converter

Waterstones (Great app for ordering books, UK only)

Weather (Microsoft)

World Clock (Microsoft)

Youtube (HTC)

Anyone own a WP7 device and live in Greece like me? I wanna know if they're able to actually buy apps from the marketplace or not.

6840.LazyTube_5F00_5ABEB4C3.png

There is a new youtube app out called lazytube.

It has your subscriptions and your fav videos, you can also post comments. It looks OK but I would still like to see Microsoft take an attempt at a youtube app. I've just bought it and it doesn't include your video's yet or thumbs up and down but the free app before it was updated often.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm going to add:

ilomilo

kindle

mybookie (because i'm number 1)

project sunburst

beez

send to wp7

cardstar - awesome (storing membership numbers and it has the matching barcode!)

Anyone own a WP7 device and live in Greece like me? I wanna know if they're able to actually buy apps from the marketplace or not.

i believe they just created an application that enables this... check out wmpoweruser.com

I don't have a ton of apps, but my favs are Shazam, iheartradio, imdb, The Weather Channel, facebook, Netflix. And as soon as B&N gets off their lazy bums and releases a nook WP7 app, that'll be on the list :p

i'm going to add:

ilomilo

kindle

mybookie (because i'm number 1)

project sunburst

beez

send to wp7

cardstar - awesome (storing membership numbers and it has the matching barcode!)

i believe they just created an application that enables this... check out wmpoweruser.com

Thank you! Ilomilo has now become my fav game, think it's brilliant!!!

Hmm, id have to say:

Beezz

AppTracker

BandWidth

WeatherBug

Sound Enhancer

HTC Hub

My Workout

Slight bias on my part because i made two of those apps.

which ones are those?

Thank you! Ilomilo has now become my fav game, think it's brilliant!!!

I managed to get the xbox 360 version before it went live and thought it was brilliant, recently bought the WP7 version as well.

Since this is about apps, there's a Ustream client out now it seems.

Marketplace Link

ustream app has been out for a while in the US (since launch) and its utter crap.. have they fixed anything? don't see an update for mine.. i've only been able to watch a few shows, it mostly fails or won't watch anything at all - never been able to see anything live, just pre-recorded.

• 2 weeks later...

Pageone looks awesome, be great if we had something similar that wasn't crappy, in the UK :)

These are my personal favorites :

ilomilo the game. Really simple but addictive game.

London Tube. A simple app to check the Tube Status for London, plus has a station search and map.

TouchXplorer. A really pretty and functional File manager. ( Only works with Dev phones though )

Twitter, IMDB, Flixster and Facebook apps, obviously.

And Wordlist. A Vocabulary builder for entrance exams like GMAT etc. ( DISCLAIMER : I really like this app because I developed this myself! I don't intend to be sneaky. :-) And yes, it's a Paid app. :-( )

^ I would say London Travel is better. It has live departure boards and oyster balance. Plus it looks better and works faster. It's ?1.99 though. But I would say it's worth it.

zune://navigate/?appID=98f317ac-25dd-df11-a844-00237de2db9e

agreed, I used to have London Tube installed but found London Travel was much better, the latest update added a route planner as well.

^ I would say London Travel is better. It has live departure boards and oyster balance. Plus it looks better and works faster. It's ?1.99 though. But I would say it's worth it.

agreed, I used to have London Tube installed but found London Travel was much better, the latest update added a route planner as well.

Thanks guys... :-) I'll give London Travel a shot.

I think Polyglot is a fairly decent translator app, compared to Microsofts own one this supports dozens of languages.

I've been using BringCast - can download from the app without syncing. Excellent app, and multiple downloads will be available in next update I'm told from the developer.

ScoreMobile got released and it is by far the best sport app out there. Live tile scores and push notifications are in the works I've heard from the developer also.

Slickdeals is okay (3/5). Can't really get to the website when I click on a deal.

Tile Notes - (4.5/5) - You can put a stickie as a tile on your home screen - very useful!

Bing Splash - 4/5 - displays the bing image of the day as a tile

My link

New Media Volume Manager app, I haven't tried it yet queued up for d/l when my phone syncs again later tonight but they say it works well. Lets you set the media volume for games, etc which should also leave things like ringer and alarm alone.

This is good for me since I want music/vids and games lower than the ringer/alarm volume.