[Definitive] Best Windows Phone apps

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#46 neo158

neo158

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung ATIV S i8750

Posted 26 January 2011 - 23:25

I think Polyglot is a fairly decent translator app, compared to Microsofts own one this supports dozens of languages.

#47 neoxphuse

neoxphuse

Neowinian

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:50

I've been using BringCast - can download from the app without syncing. Excellent app, and multiple downloads will be available in next update I'm told from the developer.
ScoreMobile got released and it is by far the best sport app out there. Live tile scores and push notifications are in the works I've heard from the developer also.
Slickdeals is okay (3/5). Can't really get to the website when I click on a deal.
Tile Notes - (4.5/5) - You can put a stickie as a tile on your home screen - very useful!
Bing Splash - 4/5 - displays the bing image of the day as a tile

#48 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 01 February 2011 - 18:56

My link

New Media Volume Manager app, I haven't tried it yet queued up for d/l when my phone syncs again later tonight but they say it works well. Lets you set the media volume for games, etc which should also leave things like ringer and alarm alone.

This is good for me since I want music/vids and games lower than the ringer/alarm volume.

#49 downhillrider

downhillrider

Just Riding By

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:37

Birdsong twitter app has become one of my favorites. needs to improve on some things but its nice.

#50 illegaloperation

illegaloperation

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:53

I don't know why everybody miss RealTube. It allows you to watch videos from YouTube, DailyMotion, MSN Videos, Funny or Die etc. in HD quality.

#51 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:11

The official Flickr app is now up on the marketplace it seems.

My Link

#52 spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia 920

Posted 07 February 2011 - 17:13

Ustream app has been updated and works great now! able to watch live streams, see my subscriptions and see all pre-recorded content. Went from 1 start to 5 stars in one update :)

#53 neo158

neo158

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 February 2011 - 21:00

I don't know why everybody miss RealTube. It allows you to watch videos from YouTube, DailyMotion, MSN Videos, Funny or Die etc. in HD quality.

I tend to use YouTube the most so I use HTCs YouTube App

#54 Gaffney

Gaffney

I have no title

Posted 07 February 2011 - 22:33

I bought Remote Desktop.

It does allow you to view your pc but it has limitations:

1. It's really slow even on wifi.
2. You have to move the screen around, you can't move the mouse around it sticks in the middle of the screen.

I don't think phones are ready for this feature yet, maybe tablets with 4G but I can't do anything really productive using it so for £11.50 it's to expensive.

Lazytube does youtube video's well for me but the subscriptions doesn't work for me but the favs do. But Realtube does play it in HD quality unlike Lazytube.

#55 neo158

neo158

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 February 2011 - 19:52

^ I would say London Travel is better. It has live departure boards and oyster balance. Plus it looks better and works faster. It's £1.99 though. But I would say it's worth it.
Thanks guys... :-) I'll give London Travel a shot.

I'll be trying it out in London this Friday so that will be the real test.

#56 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:01

The official Flickr app has been upgraded to 1.1 today which also brings Picture hub intergration. Now you can directly upload pictures from the hub right to flickr without starting the app.

The rest of the update covers a performance boost and also adds tag support.

Zune Marketplace Link

#57 Prince Charming

Prince Charming

El Presidente

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:22

I'll be trying it out in London this Friday so that will be the real test.

It got me through this weekend in London just great! Needs bus support as well as support for the thames riverboat services, because without it it's not really London Travel, it's London Underground/DLR, but it's a great little app. Oyster balance on live tile would be nice as well.

#58 neo158

neo158

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 February 2011 - 00:43

It got me through this weekend in London just great! Needs bus support as well as support for the thames riverboat services, because without it it's not really London Travel, it's London Underground/DLR, but it's a great little app. Oyster balance on live tile would be nice as well.

The route planner has support for Bus and Coach, Riverboat, Tram, DLR and Overground Rail services as well.

Worked really well for me as well, I was able to plan my route from the train station where I live to the underground station near my destination.

#59 +i11usive

i11usive

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Galaxy S5

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:41

My mate has an iPhone4 and has a cool (stupid really) app, called talking tom cat .. or something like that. I've had a quick look, but from what I can tell - it's only available for iPhone, iPad and Android devices. Anyone know if it (or something similar) is available for WP7?

#60 yellowjeff

yellowjeff

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:44

MyComic

just know it from a friend, we love it very much.
and it's definetely one the best Free app in my phone.

I found someone test it:
http://mobilitydiges...(Fuze Mobility)