Fusion OS

official fusion linux

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
705 replies to this topic

#16 tomjol

tomjol

Neowinian

Posted 31 October 2010 - 19:49

Well obliviously its not just me doing this, and you can think what you want. By the way the site is not finished yet I think you probably could have figured that out by looking at it? I also don't see how you can make that judgement when you haven't even seen screen shots or anything of the project yet? Why dont you wait until the Alpha comes out give that a try and then give your opinion. :whistle:

When you provide such screen shots, or even a modicum of information beyond "we're debranding everything", I'll reassess my position. Until such a time, my opinion remains.

#17 OP RKWJ25

RKWJ25

Developer & Designer

• Phone: Galaxy Note 3

Posted 31 October 2010 - 22:06

When you provide such screen shots, or even a modicum of information beyond "we're debranding everything", I'll reassess my position. Until such a time, my opinion remains.

http://www.neowin.ne...name-fusion-os/

#18 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 31 October 2010 - 22:21

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/918938-codename-fusion-os/

So like many others before you took stuff from Mac OS X' Aqua, then you took other stuff from Windows Aero, smashed them together and there you have it: Linux distro #874.126.726!

#19 Azies

Azies

Neowinian Senior

Posted 31 October 2010 - 22:32

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/918938-codename-fusion-os/

Anything other than an obvious mockup?

#20 OP RKWJ25

RKWJ25

Developer & Designer

Posted 31 October 2010 - 23:09

Anything other than an obvious mockup?

Like it says in the origional post, we will be posting our progress, and screenshots as they come. We have a about 45% complete UI as of now, and we will be ready to show everyone the near final UI in 1-2 weeks. The UI for the Alpha/Beta build will be 95% complete, the other 5% will be for suggestions, bug fixes, improvements, other elements etc. If you, or anyone have suggestions, or questions please post them!

#21 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

Posted 31 October 2010 - 23:35

Next time it would be a better idea to start a thread when you actually can show us something. Right now it's all rather vague and the website isn't telling us much either.

#22 OP RKWJ25

RKWJ25

Developer & Designer

Posted 31 October 2010 - 23:46

Next time it would be a better idea to start a thread when you actually can show us something. Right now it's all rather vague and the website isn't telling us much either.

We want to start this topic to show everyone some development, FAQ, QnA, Previews, Alpha/Beta Build, etc., etc. I will be uploading some FAQ's very soon, and I will talk to the team about uploading a pic of the OS's current state, but we want to build some hype also. Dont want to let the cat out the bag too soon. ;)

#23 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 01 November 2010 - 00:09

Your website is painfully slow, its not going to handle more than a few people trying to access it at the same time, once you release the Alpha. Consider posting mirrored links to the download in here rather than your site, once it is released.

#24 OP RKWJ25

RKWJ25

Developer & Designer

Posted 01 November 2010 - 00:18

Your website is painfully slow, its not going to handle more than a few people trying to access it at the same time, once you release the Alpha. Consider posting mirrored links to the download in here rather than your site, once it is released.

Yeah, I thought so also I am going to contact my hosting company. I thoguht it was just my connection at first (its been pretty slow lately) but apparently others are experiencing it also. Thanks for the feedback!

#25 soldier1st

soldier1st

Software Tester/Tech/Linux Lover

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Incredible S

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:01

i'm glad it's based on linux as then you have the freedom to mold it to whatever you want but on MS it would of been a doomed project.

#26 Tharp Daddy

Tharp Daddy

Indeed!

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:05

Hope it turns out great! Would love to dual boot it once it's released, depending on how it turns out.

#27 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

Posted 01 November 2010 - 19:54

We want to start this topic to show everyone some development, FAQ, QnA, Previews, Alpha/Beta Build, etc., etc. I will be uploading some FAQ's very soon, and I will talk to the team about uploading a pic of the OS's current state, but we want to build some hype also. Dont want to let the cat out the bag too soon. ;)

So what's the point in starting this thread right now when you have basically nothing to tell us and zero to show us? I don't get it.

#28 tomjol

tomjol

Neowinian

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:58

So what's the point in starting this thread right now when you have basically nothing to tell us and zero to show us? I don't get it.

I don't think there will ever be a point where they is actually anything to show us. If they've been working on it since July, are only 45% done and reckon they're going to get 50% more done in the next couple of weeks, it's probably safe to brand this "vaporware".

#29 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

☆♡Neowin's portion of Crazy♡☆

• Phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black (6.0.2)

Posted 02 November 2010 - 13:27

I don't think there will ever be a point where they is actually anything to show us. If they've been working on it since July, are only 45% done and reckon they're going to get 50% more done in the next couple of weeks, it's probably safe to brand this "vaporware".

This.
I'd love to be proven wrong, though, as his mockup does indeed look quite nice.

Glassed Silver:mac

#30 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

Posted 02 November 2010 - 14:49

Can't stand these pointless threads. Start one if you actually have something to say or show, if you don't don't.