But now I have another problem!

I boot on the USB. I type

C:/ awdflash 861F107.BIN

It starts with the flashing procedure.. But at the end it gives this message:

----

Flash ROM is Write-Protected

Please make sure whether lockout jumpers is set to correct or not

----

I searched on my motherboard and I looked in the guide but I could not find such a thing as lockout jumpers. Here is a detailed guide of my motherboard:

http://www.produktinfo.conrad.com/da...MXP_Series.pdf

There is an option in the BIOS setup called ?Super BIOS protect?.., but this is disabled.

---

Before I tried to update, I loaded default bios settings.. (with default settings Super BIOS protect is also disabled!)

Can someone please help me?

3 answers to this question

Hello,

The link you provided did for your Foxcon G31MXP-K motherboard's manual did not work for me, but I found it available here on Foxconn's support web site.

Looking through it I did not see any references to a jumper to set on the motherboard for BIOS upgrades, so perhaps it would be better to use their Windows-based utility to flash it, instead.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

A strange thing happened.. ill explain:

Because of the error message I got after the flash procedure. I didnt know what to do. First I thought: ´ah no!..´ I messed up my motherboard. But after the error I could just reboot the computer into windows7 and it worked. But i figured, because of the error message, my bios was not updated.. So I started looking for a solution, which I did not found. And the next day I started looking again and opened Everest, I suddenly saw that my bios number was 861F107 instead of my older version 861F103. So despite of the error message I received after the bios procedure it still updated the bios.. Weird huh?

I found out one other little thing that might be the cause of this thing. Because I updated my BIOS without all the ´switches´ .

I updated with this command:

C:/ awdflash 861F107.BIN

And after I found out on foxxconn support website that I should have used these switches:

C:/ AWDFLASH 861F107.BIN /py/sn/cc/cd/cp/wb

So now I wonder what to do? Should I flash my bios again with these switches? Of just leave it be?

Hello,

If the BIOS is updated and the system is running, then it sounds like you accomplished your BIOS upgrade.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky