Gran Turismo 5 Photo / Video Thread

Any chance that is from GT PSP?

No GTpsp used dithering on the windows iirc, not transparency.

Let's just hope it's someone playing a silly joke. Not long now to find out for ourselves!

Will be picking up my signature edition on the Wednesday lunch time, Tottenham are playing in Europe on Wednesday though so means a trip to the pub. Might just leave the game installing! Should be done by the time I get home. laugh.gif

Another standard. Looking like this might be the case sad.gif

Wow those textures are horrendous. The back lights look shocking :(

Oh well, stick to the premium cars then I guess!

This has to be a joke, or a bug or something. I flat out refuse to believe after all the screenshots they've shown us, that they'd allow graphics like this. They're worse than what you'd see on the PS2.

It's not people with a launch PS3 (with PS2 compatability) running an old version of Gran Turismo from the PS2 for a bit of fun?

Wow those textures are horrendous. The back lights look shocking :(

Oh well, stick to the premium cars then I guess!

Check out the door handles on the MX and the car above. They look like they slapped on some scratch and sniff stickers.

Yikes... that MX5 picture is a bit worrying :|

Thats the question, Photo realistic rendering is one thing but what about in game, real time rendering, how will that look? Obviously anything we are seeing now is the best of the best, what about the everyday?

Another standard. Looking like this might be the case sad.gif

Tsukuba_Circuit5.20101120203814.jpg

This has to be a joke, or a bug or something. I flat out refuse to believe after all the screenshots they've shown us, that they'd allow graphics like this. They're worse than what you'd see on the PS2.

It's not people with a launch PS3 (with PS2 compatability) running an old version of Gran Turismo from the PS2 for a bit of fun?

For a moment then I thought maybe you were on to something, people running PS2 emulator at high res on PC's but it has the same GT watermark in the top right corner like the other photomode shots, can just make it out in the dark blue of the roofing.

Not too difficult to photoshop that into a picture though mate..

I agree and I hope you're right. Really if I see anything like that lined up on the track in a race I will be very disappointed.

For reference

206 in GT4

img0020.jpg

Although I think we are going off the purpose of this thread and maybe should move into the OT rather than the photomode thread.

Although I think we are going off the purpose of this thread and maybe should move into the OT rather than the photomode thread.

Good point. I wonder if a mod could move them for us.

This is what I've been on about, what did you guys expect? Photomode graphics in game? I don't think so. Never anything of the sort.

Everybody see's rendered screenshots of replays and photomodes and thinks omg, this is how the game will look. Then you start a race and it's like... ****.

who needs neogaf for things like this when you have AB?

One would imagine that they are being picked up from the GAF or GT Planet though. I don't know of anyone on Neowin that actually has a copy yet.

Surely someone photoshopped the jaggies into that photo.

I just learned that you can upload 50 cars from the PSP version.. so my guess is those jaggied - low res cars are from there.

I just learned that you can upload 50 cars from the PSP version.. so my guess is those jaggied - low res cars are from there.

Was my understanding that although you are importing them it wasn't physically importing the models, just the car name and that GT5 would have it's own representation of that vehicle.

Was my understanding that although you are importing them it wasn't physically importing the models, just the car name and that GT5 would have it's own representation of that vehicle.

Yup, it's just the metadata that is carried over to unlock it.

All the cars in GT5 now have properly modelled 3D wheels, that Mazda picture is clearly fake, the wheels look like a 2D bitmap.

oh I see.. well I guess was giving GT5 hope for better Standard cars :\.

^ photo mode or not, it's still hard to beleive that these are being grabbed from a video game

+1 Especially close-up shots on the lights like that last one. If you were to cut the scenery out it would be impossible to tell it apart from a photo of the same thing.