Graphics look better than the earlier screenshots could show, but I still don't think it's that much of an improvement. Textures still look way to shiny, the tomb textures look like the stone is made from plastic or something. Hopefully they fix stuff like that before release given it's so far away, but I sort of doubt it.

Graphics look better than the earlier screenshots could show, but I still don't think it's that much of an improvement. Textures still look way to shiny, the tomb textures look like the stone is made from plastic or something. Hopefully they fix stuff like that before release given it's so far away, but I sort of doubt it.

It's not the best graphics ever, but I think it's a hell of an improvement and the art direction looks really fantastic. I really want to see some gameplay.

Wouldnt dungeons be dank and wet?

So then wouldnt the stones have moss, slime and water on them?

Sure they would, but they would also be dirty and covered with stuff that would cause less of a shine on the stone than plain water. Despite being covered in water, moss and dirt and what not the stone should not shine like Edward from Twilight when it's wet, instead it should become darker and have less of a shine to it.

The way it currently is, it looks like the dungeon/tomb/whatever was scrubbed spotless then covered in water, which is quite unrealistic. Have you ever been down into one of the many underground caverns throughout the world? Where there is water, the rocks are nice and shiny generally. But the water is not everywhere, so many of the rocks are dingy and dull looking.....not quite the case in the screenshots above.

Some would, I suppose, if they were frequently under water, but Oblivion dungeons could have been the walls of a spaceship too. Way to shiny. Any old fort I've been in is dark and musty. You don't really think about it until you play other games and see how they did it. I played through Alan Wake recently, and the mines in that game were very well done, they really felt dark and dusty.

Some would, I suppose, if they were frequently under water, but Oblivion dungeons could have been the walls of a spaceship too. Way to shiny. Any old fort I've been in is dark and musty. You don't really think about it until you play other games and see how they did it. I played through Alan Wake recently, and the mines in that game were very well done, they really felt dark and dusty.

Exactly, I haven't been in any old forts or anything, but I have been in underground caverns and what not. Usually the only shiny rock is that which has water slowly dripping down it, most of the other rock is dark and dry looking, not shiny in the least.

That's what mods are for. :D To be honest, the game is looking much better than I thought it would; it's a pretty good jump from Oblivion/Fallout 3. The graphics so far look quite acceptable to me; good enough to tidem e over until some high quality texture mods start coming along. :)

When the guy yells and the music bust out is the most epic moment I've ever seen in a trailer. I'm ready to give it GOTY right now.

I would say that it's a Dragon Shout, the new special power system in Skyrim. Also you aquire them from Dragons, so in the later part he gets a potential new one (in very Highlanderish style).

A bit more on them here

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/01/20/skyrim-s-dragon-shouts.aspx

Really nice trailer. The creature animations look a hell of a lot better here than they did in Oblivion. Especially around the 1:41 mark when the character is drawing his bow at that four-legged thing (couldn't really make out what that was). That big hulking thing at 1:27 looked awesome too.

I hope they bring back all of the races, though. I need my Argonian thief :).

Really nice trailer. The creature animations look a hell of a lot better here than they did in Oblivion. Especially around the 1:41 mark when the character is drawing his bow at that four-legged thing (couldn't really make out what that was). That big hulking thing at 1:27 looked awesome too.

smoother animations yes, but they are still sliding across the land..

• 1 month later...