Photo

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

official the elder scrolls the elder scrolls v skyrim bethesda game studios rpg pc xbox 360 ps3

• Please log in to reply
1440 replies to this topic

#16 S00N3R FR3AK

S00N3R FR3AK

Champion

• 1,742 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 18:18

I'm happy with the comment given earlier this year by Bethseda that once they show the new game it won't be far from release. It will be the quickest reveal to release they have ever done.

#17 The_DINGUS

The_DINGUS

Neowinian

• 245 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 18:20

More like Morrowind less like Oblivion plz.

#18 treemonster

treemonster

lol wut?

• 4,073 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 18:31

Oh God, a thousand times yes. Just a terrible idea (or at the very least, a terrible implementation). I love how it was easier to just never sleep and go through the game at level 1 :laugh: .

I'll be deeply disappointed if they don't address that, considering how universally hated it is.

+1

it was too easy to gimp yourself out by actually leveling up and pretty hard to plan out your build and do everything needed to make a decently powerful character at higher levels. it could be fun to plan out and level a character but i didn't want to do it more than a few times.

that and the generic randomized dungeons all over the world. actually put some time in to making each dungeon unique even if in some small way like using slightly different texture and model sets (similar to fallout 3's vaults). in obvlivion you went into one dungeon or oblivion gate you had done them all and other than doing quests there was no reason to explore than gate or dungeon you just came across while exploring the world.

i did like oblivion's quests and quest system and map markers/POI and fast travel better than morrow though. i could never get very far when doing actual quests in morrow wind because i simply did not know where to go on the island. but doing sandbox things like building castles out of pillows or just exploring every nook and cranny of the island in morrow wind made up for the seemingly broken quests and story line. i did beat the game though, simply by going to the end game area and killing everything with my high level well built character. but i missed out on 90% of the story, which was the better part of oblivion.

#19 WastedJoker

WastedJoker

Rampant Sciolist

• 3,603 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 22:11

I hope they change the levelling system. Basically if you explored and avoided the main quest you ended up finding the main quest ridiculously challenging compared to the difficult at lower levels if you just went straight through the main quest.

Thank God we could mod it and have it adjusted.

I hope someone does another arrow/poison mod - that was the greatest mod alive.

#20 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,785 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:23

I should probably finish Oblivion :D

Same here. I downloaded a bunch of quest mods, did the faction quests, never finished the actual main quest.

#21 treemonster

treemonster

lol wut?

• 4,073 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 17:41

just about the only thing i didin't do in vanilla oblivion was wait two weeks(in game time) to get my dragon armour after finishing the main quest line. had already ran out of side quests. oh and i can't remember if i finished the magic guild quest line or not. think i did.

never did any of the DLC, or the expack though. remember trying to open that door in teh mage's guild and being severely annoyed that it was DLC.

ran around most of the world and had pretty much every POI in one save.

out of the few toons i spent the time to level up properly by going to trainers for 5 skill levels every rest my favourite was my spell sword. OP nukes or OP melee plus a little utility.

tried to make my own adoring fan mod at one point that held a torch and could be used as a mule by copy pasting vendor traits to him. but could never get the store to show up in his dialogue. torch worked great though and saved me from having to pull it out at night or keep an arm free for it. as long as he didin't get killed. but i added a shield to his weapons load out which seemed to do the trick. never really got too heavily in to mods though. most of the really good ones came out a while after i stopped playing.

#22 c3ntury

c3ntury

Say whaa?

• 3,123 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 22:06

*hopes for a completely new game engine*

#23 MillionVoltss

MillionVoltss

Neowinian Senior

• 2,277 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 16:48

ps4 / xbox 720 game. Last one was extremely demanding on release.

#24 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 36,440 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 21:30

More like Morrowind less like Oblivion plz.

(Y)

#25 +jamesyfx

jamesyfx

Neowinian Senior

• 8,383 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 25 November 2010 - 21:57

Personally couldn't stand Morrowind, but I found Oblivion to be much fun.

Still, it had so many shortcomings that made it a bit dull to play after a while...

#26 Andre S.

Andre S.

Asik

• 7,834 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 00:33

I wonder if they're still going to use the Gamebryo engine.

They need to ditch that engine. It was already old when Oblivion came out, and it's a major thorn in Fallout 3 and New Vegas IMO.

#27 sw1tch..

sw1tch..

Internet Haet Machine

• 1,184 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:27

I hope they make the world more busy as well. I found that after exploring around in Oblivion the world felt very empty without many people around, even in the cities.

#28 xendrome

xendrome

In God We Trust; All Others We Monitor

• 7,457 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:32

Epic!

#29 Thrackerzod

Thrackerzod

Neowinian Senior

• 2,907 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:46

Oblivion is probably the only game I've ever played where leveling up actually makes you weaker.

#30 Pajter

Pajter

rawk

• 5,344 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:15

I just had to play Oblivion after reading this news a few days ago. Never really completed it. Did now though. :D