60% of businesses could dump Windows for Chrome OS

True. Microsoft can be a little slow to catch on a times but when they do catch on they usually produce a winner.

Not only that, when Microsoft does get it done, it will be done right.

It's like sleep and hibernation in Windows. XP was pretty much crap, Vista was better, and Windows 7 is awesome! Waking up from sleep is almost instantaneous (well, it should be) and waking up from hibernation is super fast as well.

Took a bit, but hey, it works and it works well.

Wow, that has to be the most absurd claim I've ever heard. So, businesses are going to port all of their software to Chrome OS and go to that expense? Just because? Since I've heard of no real features of Chrome OS that would sway businesses to them. Just a ridiculous claim.

Wow, that has to be the most absurd claim I've ever heard. So, businesses are going to port all of their software to Chrome OS and go to that expense? Just because? Since I've heard of no real features of Chrome OS that would sway businesses to them. Just a ridiculous claim.

I think the assumption would be that businesses could just switch to web-enabled apps like Microsoft Office Live Workspace.

Hopefully this puts Google out of businness not sys admins.

what douch bag, people need jobs, and updates are already pretty much automatic.

I think the assumption would be that businesses could just switch to web-enabled apps like Microsoft Office Live Workspace.

We have loads of bespoke horrible programs that would cost a fortune in time and moeny to redevelop and for no benefit.

what douch bag, people need jobs, and updates are already pretty much automatic.

A lot of companies would use a WSUS server for updates and approve only those they want.

We have loads of bespoke horrible programs that would cost a fortune in time and moeny to redevelop and for no benefit.

Then presumably you are part of the 40% of businesses that couldn't dump Windows for Chrome OS (or any other browser/web-based OS).

I happen to think that these numbers are significantly lower that my research. Just in the last minute I did some corporate research of my own. I constructed a nice thought experiment in my head and came to some different conclusions:

1). 66.6% of all business would give up Windows for Free BSD.

2). 98.9% of all business would give up Windows for Google Chrome OS.

2). 99.9% of all business would give up Windows for the Amiga.

However, upon further reflection and much meditation (with chi and my inner consciousness or something) I realized the error of my ways:

4). 51.9% of all business would give up Windows for a legal pads and a good typewriter.

Something, something is really wrong with my maths!