60% of businesses could dump Windows for Chrome OS

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#106 XIII

XIII

Neowinian Senior

• 1,692 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:24

I am a little bit skeptical with this number. Don't know how they got such a skewed statistics ?

#107 nekrosoft13

nekrosoft13

NeKroSoft inc.

• 11,712 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 17:00

Hopefully this puts Google out of businness not sys admins.

what douch bag, people need jobs, and updates are already pretty much automatic.

#108 jason13524

jason13524

Neowinian

• 511 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 17:03

I think the assumption would be that businesses could just switch to web-enabled apps like Microsoft Office Live Workspace.

We have loads of bespoke horrible programs that would cost a fortune in time and moeny to redevelop and for no benefit.

what douch bag, people need jobs, and updates are already pretty much automatic.

A lot of companies would use a WSUS server for updates and approve only those they want.

#109 vetFred Derf

Fred Derf

Klaatu barada nikto

• 44,440 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 17:50

We have loads of bespoke horrible programs that would cost a fortune in time and moeny to redevelop and for no benefit.

Then presumably you are part of the 40% of businesses that couldn't dump Windows for Chrome OS (or any other browser/web-based OS).

#110 azure.sapphire

azure.sapphire

Neowinian Senior

• 1,757 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 17:57

I happen to think that these numbers are significantly lower that my research. Just in the last minute I did some corporate research of my own. I constructed a nice thought experiment in my head and came to some different conclusions:

1). 66.6% of all business would give up Windows for Free BSD.
2). 98.9% of all business would give up Windows for Google Chrome OS.
2). 99.9% of all business would give up Windows for the Amiga.

However, upon further reflection and much meditation (with chi and my inner consciousness or something) I realized the error of my ways:
4). 51.9% of all business would give up Windows for a legal pads and a good typewriter.

Something, something is really wrong with my maths!