Tips for staying awake for 30-40 hours?

Loads and loads of speed will do the trick.

I'd start with an E or two to get the day started and then some LSD to get you through the first half of the night. Once you start coming down off those take some speed and early the next morning you should smoke a joint to take the edge off everything else and the lack of sleep. You should come up with a project or two to keep you occupied while you're awake - maybe some light DIY. You'll probably need lots of cigarettes and cold beer goes really well with ecstacy. Cocaine will help if you feel drowsy at any point.

Enjoy your game :D

You'll probably hit a wall, at the time that you normally go to sleep. Get past that and you'll be fine for another day.

If you're having a hard time, try a cold shower. I usually run the water in my eyes, seems to lube them up nice and wide shifty.gif

whats the point of staying up for a stupid game? you wanna be the "first to hit 85" on your server??? very very sad life.

I'm not trying for a server first. I'm trying to beat the mad crowd of people that will level so I dont have to wait for mob respawns. It'll be hectic as is on tuesday morning but kids do still have school so that should ease it a bit.

I'm not trying for a server first. I'm trying to beat the mad crowd of people that will level so I dont have to wait for mob respawns. It'll be hectic as is on tuesday morning but kids do still have school so that should ease it a bit.

It's like that from the 1st minute and stays the same for the first few days. You won't beat any kind of rush.

(Based off my experience with TBC and WOTLK releases)

i work 10 to 6 tomorrow, so i plan to go to work like a zombie, 3-4 hrs sleep, so im exhausted when i get home and go right to sleep and get up at about half an hour before 3 am est.. thats my master plan

Go to church if you want to preach. Nothing wrong with a major play session every year and a half when a new expansion comes out.

What I would say is to catch some sleep before the release. Are you picking it up at a store or do you have digital delivery? If you are doing digital, just sleep til 1:50, wake up, play WoW. If you're picking it up at the store, sleep til just before 12, then go buy it. No sense in waiting in the line to buy it when you can't play til 2am anyway.

Here on the east coast, its 3am. Stores open at 8. Much better decision to get the night of rest, pick it up at 8 and then rock out until you pass out from there.

my comment was playful btw, try to have a sense of humour now eh?

Coffee, tea, Monster, Four Loko (lol)... I'd recommend tea or coffee since it won't give you a major crash (or hangover).

Also, avoid eating anything big. That'll send you straight into a sleep coma.

You could also go jump into Lake Michigan for a quick swim if all else fails. :p

Good luck!

It can't be healthy to stay up for 40 hours straight, in addition by about the 21st hour your concentration will fade and you'll become useless at the game, if your vision doesn't die

If you make it to the sunrise then you'll likely get a psychological boost that should last until the afternoon.

Of course, if you are entombed in a windowless basement then that point may be moot.

I'd try a long-haul international flight in economy. For instance, London to Sydney is about 20 hours so fly that return and you should be home in time to play your game. It's impossible to sleep on a plane.

Only thing I'll add now is, if you do it, try to go to bed at a normal time after, and force yourself to get up at a normal time, or your sleep pattern could be totally thrown out. Make up for it at the weekend if you have to.

Do you really think the servers are not going to crash and we're not going to have realm maintenance by about 11am EST? I've been contemplating choosing between not going to work on either Tuesday or Wednesday and it seems to me that Tuesday is going to the usual sh*t show that release days have been for the last 5 years.

You seriously want do something bad to your health for WoW?

I can exchange my sleep troubles to you if you want... (nearing 30h awake right now)

1) WoW sucks

2) 30-40 Hours ins't nothing.

3) WoW sucks

really I do not understand why people glue there eye to there monitors becuz of this reallyh Boring PC title that all you do is click your mouse, Rant on Vent when your team mates are mornons that don't know how to play. and then wait for hours doing nothing well a klan trys to get ready to raid..

really I seen people sit in one spot for more then 45 Mins just trying to get a team together..

gameplay

click to move, Click to target Monstor, Click to attack,, Click to cast spell...

click click click click click (not useing keyboard commands)

yawn,!!!

1) WoW sucks

2) 30-40 Hours ins't nothing.

3) WoW sucks

really I do not understand why people glue there eye to there monitors becuz of this reallyh Boring PC title that all you do is click your mouse, Rant on Vent when your team mates are mornons that don't know how to play. and then wait for hours doing nothing well a klan trys to get ready to raid..

really I seen people sit in one spot for more then 45 Mins just trying to get a team together..

gameplay

click to move, Click to target Monstor, Click to attack,, Click to cast spell...

click click click click click (not useing keyboard commands)

yawn,!!!

Yawn another person who hasn't played the game that doesn't like the game.

yawn,!!!

I stopped playing due to how boring it is...

I bet I put more hours into online mmorpgs then most people to date...

having said that yes I still stand but what I said.. BORING TITLE.. not only that a REALLY BAD TITLE TOO.. I mite buy the expanion Pack just to check it out but I deffently not wasting my life on it.

(dungon Runner, FF IX, Avion,) not inculuded in shot.

I can honestly say Guild Wars and Anarchy so far have been my fav mmo of all time.. FFXI interfact waz was to fuzzing to enjoy the title... FFIX not too bad if u can get ya head aorund all the bugs right now.. Avoin is graphic bueatyful if you have a PC that can handle Max Settings...

post-342470-12916056453612.jpg

Long story short is WoW: Cataclysm comes out @ 2AM CST on Tuesday. I have to wake up @ 6AM for class tomorrow morning so I'm planning on staying awake from 6AM tomorrow till 10PM tuesday. Any tips?

Thanks

We were talking about a domestic violence case today (obviously nothing to do with the topic) and I commented that the world doesnt surprise me anymore because people, myself included of course, get dumber, alot more stupid and are more and more morons.

This is just another case that proves me correct.