Tips for staying awake for 30-40 hours?

I stopped playing due to how boring it is...

I bet I put more hours into online mmorpgs then most people to date...

having said that yes I still stand but what I said.. BORING TITLE.. not only that a REALLY BAD TITLE TOO.. I mite buy the expanion Pack just to check it out but I deffently not wasting my life on it.

(dungon Runner, FF IX, Avion,) not inculuded in shot.

I can honestly say Guild Wars and Anarchy so far have been my fav mmo of all time.. FFXI interfact waz was to fuzzing to enjoy the title... FFIX not too bad if u can get ya head aorund all the bugs right now.. Avoin is graphic bueatyful if you have a PC that can handle Max Settings...

Please hoover/vacuum your floor, that is pretty horrid.

Yawn another person who hasn't played the game that doesn't like the game.

i played it for 2 yrs and i agree with everything he says. Its a boring left and right mouse clicker.

Meth :yes:

You can actually get a prescription for meth for narcolepsy and treatment resistant depression. I would not recommend it, and good luck finding the doctor dumb enough to give it (but it is possible). It's not really needed anymore for most conditions given that there are plenty of low-grade stimulants that are not schedule II drugs (i.e. in the US). i.e. like modafinil

If you are going to drink caffeine, I would recommend that he stay away from soda and energy drinks. They are of course exceptions, but generally you will crash, and crash hard only a few hours after ingestion. Natural adrenaline works the best, but it is difficult to get back in a good sleeping rhythm. This can really screw with your circadian sleep rhythm. Coffee and, or tea might be the best chemical suggestion.

My suggestion would be to work some sleep into the day, 2 to 4 hours should be enough to keep you slightly refreshed and able to function. This is probably most important if you plan being anywhere near a car.

Setting the "It's a game..." comments aside, you only need to eat properly (whatever you can, at reasonable hours) and drink coffee or sodas (with caffeine) from time to time. Just don't abuse them if you don't know how tolerant you are to caffeine. It can do more harm than good, specially once you get to school the next morning because you can feel like hangover all day.

Getting a life is the main thing :p

Seriously now, I'd stay awake also and not get a nap because then you don't want to get up and if you do your more likely to feel sick and get a headache etc.

Just keep yourself occupied somehow, watch a film if you can, just do something and you wont even notice the time go

Monster+skittles.

I used to do that when I had 4+ hours of lectures at Uni, you will certainly not be sleepy when that kicks in :laugh:

And other MMO's are any different? Didn't think so.

Time spent on having to do something... For a inteance Guildwars is more of a Fast Past Mouse clicker then WoW is.. Also Distance Traviled and how to get to one place to another.

Massive roaming nessery isn;t a good thing in a game .. Oblivin is a good example of a game with way too much openness... more option and more roam means more time standing around waiting for other to get there gear ready for a 40+ min Raid...

I guess no one really keep time of there life when there wasting it clicking mouse buttons...

Long story short is WoW: Cataclysm comes out @ 2AM CST on Tuesday. I have to wake up @ 6AM for class tomorrow morning so I'm planning on staying awake from 6AM tomorrow till 10PM tuesday. Any tips?

Thanks

Aderral. lots and lots of it! and you will also be able to focus hardcore so you will be all good

if you have never taken it, just take about 30MG of it(6 to 1 pills depending on dosage of each) seriously, your friends who have ADHD have aderral, and your in school. it should be REALLY easy. and only costs like $10 for quite a bit.

you wont be able to eat while on it though, so eat plenty before, and try forcing something down.

Don't forget to factor in the Blizzard coefficient when it comes to patches/server maintenance/expansions. I fully expect the servers to be down at least 3 hours more than they're scheduled to be. And then on top of that, the servers will have queues, lag, and crash often with the amount of traffic they'll see tomorrow and on Wednesday.

Because of this coefficient, it's always stupid to plan to stay up late on the first day of a major patch/expansion just like it's stupid to plan days off around them too. Wait a few days or a week even, and plan your binge around a time when you know the servers will be more stable.

Don't forget to factor in the Blizzard coefficient when it comes to patches/server maintenance/expansions. I fully expect the servers to be down at least 3 hours more than they're scheduled to be. And then on top of that, the servers will have queues, lag, and crash often with the amount of traffic they'll see tomorrow and on Wednesday

This is why i don't play World of Warcraft anymore... and life is good :)

I would like to redirect all you world of Crackhead to OLA

"Welcome! On-Line Gamers Anonymous is a self-help fellowship. We share our experience, strengths and hope to assist in recovery from the problems caused by excessive game playing, whether it be computer, video, console, or on-line. Our community includes recovering gamers, family members, loved ones, friends, and concerned others. We know how powerful, cunning, baffling and destructive excessive game playing can be. It can be devastating to the real-world lives of gamers and to those close to them. OLGA/OLG-Anon provides a resource for open discussion, support, education and referrals. We advocate and provide a 12-Step Program of recovery. For those who are interested in a formalized meeting approach, we provide both a traditional 12-step program and a modified program for atheists and agnostics."

get recovered and start enjoying life again

After you talk about all the games you play. You can't talk. I play wow and enjoy it. I also work go to school and hangout with friends.

The whole notion of "if you play wow you have no life" is ridiculous.

And stop saying wow sucks. Let people play there own games. I found guild wars boring after awhile v

I would like to redirect all you world of Crackhead to OLA

"Welcome! On-Line Gamers Anonymous is a self-help fellowship. We share our experience, strengths and hope to assist in recovery from the problems caused by excessive game playing, whether it be computer, video, console, or on-line. Our community includes recovering gamers, family members, loved ones, friends, and concerned others. We know how powerful, cunning, baffling and destructive excessive game playing can be. It can be devastating to the real-world lives of gamers and to those close to them. OLGA/OLG-Anon provides a resource for open discussion, support, education and referrals. We advocate and provide a 12-Step Program of recovery. For those who are interested in a formalized meeting approach, we provide both a traditional 12-step program and a modified program for atheists and agnostics."

get recovered and start enjoying life again

• 1 year later...

I remember those days. Not school-wise though. Been out of school for ages. Anyways, with coffee, after awhile no matter how much you space the cups, you will get jittery and have stomach issues. Same with the energy drinks. My advice is Ginseng tea splashed with vitamin B12 every 15 - 30 mins. Throw in some Ginkgo Biloba later to stimulate the brain.

For a game? seriously...

Well I hope the schooling is college and I hope you're going on your own dime. Any of the fallout from your poor decisions should be primarily felt by you.

Old, but still...