Steam 2010 Christmas Sale

Had a slight interest in Bad Company 2, so going to take your advice and get it tomorrow morning. ;) Just started HL2 series again, so no real rush to get any games from this sale downloaded. :p

Oh, and happy birthday. :)

edit: got it. :laugh:

Glad to hear I talked someone into it. (Y) But if you dislike it, do not blame me. laugh.gif

And thanks. The site is off for some reason, it is actually tomorrow, but needless to say I appreciate the well wishes regardless. (Y)

Any else notice the irony in the Price of Persia game pack?

PoP Pack - $34.99

Each game individually - $12.46

Brilliant marketing by Valve. :laugh:

Sadly it'll probably trick a few people :(

Btw, happy birthday, DirtyLarry!

Glad to hear I talked someone into it. (Y) But if you dislike it, do not blame me. laugh.gif

And thanks. The site is off for some reason, it is actually tomorrow, but needless to say I appreciate the well wishes regardless. (Y)

haha, you can't back out now! :p

could be time-zone difference? it's 2am on Tuesday here. not that it really matters. :)

darth_vader_nooo_7675.jpeg

I'm sorry, I just had to put that in :cry: . I don't even know what to get: Fallout 3, BC2, PoP Pack, FEAR Pack, Myst, Bioshock 2 - so many good games to get, so little money :cry: !

Scirwode

Sadly it'll probably trick a few people :(

Btw, happy birthday, DirtyLarry!

Thanks. (Y)

haha, you can't back out now! :p

could be time-zone difference? it's 2am on Tuesday here. not that it really matters. :)

Yeah, that is probably exactly why!! I forgot the time of the site is pretty much European, so it is indeed the 21st! Good call. (Y)

But I wish I could back out, a few years actually. laugh.gif

There are some good deals but im looking for the daily deals. Almost the entire catalog is on sale through Jan. 2 so a game could make it on the daily deal and have an even lower price than the regular sale.

There are some good deals but im looking for the daily deals. Almost the entire catalog is on sale through Jan. 2 so a game could make it on the daily deal and have an even lower price than the regular sale.

Rule of mega Steam sales:

1) If it's a daily deal, buy it.

2) If it's around 70% off already, buy it. It usually wont go any lower.

3) If 1 or 2 do not apply, wait until the last day of the sale in case 1 happens.

I love Steam sales!

Bought the Oddbox even though I have the games on console (lost the cds) but it's nice to be able to play em on my PC now and all of them for such a cheap price!

Man, I want to get BC2. I had it on 360 but it got kind of stale over the summer. I'm playing with a '08 MacBook Pro in Boot Camp, watched a few youtube vids...but I'm just not confident as to how it will run. I don't care about maxing all settings out, since MP is pretty fast. I guess it should be an automatic buy at $7 though.

Larry - how is the community on PC these days? Are there still a good number of neowin players?

edit - decided to make the buy. Might pick up Vietnam as well.

Man, I want to get BC2. I had it on 360 but it got kind of stale over the summer. I'm playing with a '08 MacBook Pro in Boot Camp, watched a few youtube vids...but I'm just not confident as to how it will run. I don't care about maxing all settings out, since MP is pretty fast. I guess it should be an automatic buy at $7 though.

Larry - how is the community on PC these days? Are there still a good number of neowin players?

do it, it's worth it. Tons of people still play and with all the patches that have rolled out it's a really good game. The sound is almost unmatched IMO. Put it on war tapes mode with really good headphones and you'll never hear anything like it anywhere else.

Last week I was very tempted to get the two Deus Ex games since I've never played them. At the last minute I decided against it, figuring I'd never get a chance to play them.

Now they're on special, $3 for both. What a deal.

do it, it's worth it. Tons of people still play and with all the patches that have rolled out it's a really good game. The sound is almost unmatched IMO. Put it on war tapes mode with really good headphones and you'll never hear anything like it anywhere else.

Played a couple games this morning. Have to run on Medium-Low to avoid firefight stutters LOL. Oh well, I can't believe how much better the game feels on PC > 360. It's a totally different game, in my opinion.

I told my wife just now that I'm putting my foot down...when BF3 comes out, I'm doing a new PC build. My MBP just isn't cutting it.

Also noticed they dropped ME2 down to $15 so I grabbed that as well; I was waiting until I finished ME1 to get it. Little splurge before the holiday :) Gotta love Steam.

If I hadn't been playing the treasure hunt and picking up deals from that on Steam I would be excited at the prospect of another sale, but I think that time is passed :o I'm tired of all these new games :cry:

I keep hearing good things about the Lara Croft game, so considering picking that up. Burnout Paradise for that cheap? The game is absolutely great, considering grabbing that as well. Today's deals don't top yesterdays, though.