[PS3] Why are software updates so slow?

The PS3 is lightning quick for updates compared to a Wii-U. Good god is that thing slow.

Hopefully PSN will be upgraded for when PS4 is launched.

I really do feel sorry for everyone, but I just grabbed Joe Danger 2, which IIRC was 1.2 GB, in about 5 minutes. So really not sure why it is so slow for some yet just as quick as Live for myself.

The aforementioned God of War update that was 136 MB or whatever it was, I got it in about 10 seconds, and I think 5 of those were the UI processing everything.

I've honestly never had a problem with the network in years, though I'm sure it all comes down to location. I've always had my patches download just as quickly as the full games, so that God of War patch for example took just under 60 seconds for me which is just about maxing my connection. Most of my games get updated in the background with PS+, so it's not all that often I'm waiting on updates, but the few times I've had to wait they've been pretty quick.

I really do feel sorry for everyone, but I just grabbed Joe Danger 2, which IIRC was 1.2 GB, in about 5 minutes. So really not sure why it is so slow for some yet just as quick as Live for myself.

The aforementioned God of War update that was 136 MB or whatever it was, I got it in about 10 seconds, and I think 5 of those were the UI processing everything.

We should try and slay some demigods together. I played multiplayer for about 4 hours yesterday. Really enjoyed it. Got my girl and another friend on a team as well. Looking for a 4th. We aren't great, but we have fun with it :p