• Please log in to reply
380 replies to this topic

#346 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 24 March 2012 - 20:50

After not playing for a few months, I decided to start a Warrior. I'm only level 14, started the character about 4 hours ago didn't play solid though. I'm going Reaver/Warlord it's a tank spec but more DPS than meat shield, closer to DK's in WoW. Must say I kick-ass. I got bored of my Cleric who is level 34, and am much prefering the hand to hand face-wipes that I face now.

#347 Emn1ty

Emn1ty

Web Programmer

• Phone: HTC One M8

Posted 25 March 2012 - 19:33

After not playing for a few months, I decided to start a Warrior. I'm only level 14, started the character about 4 hours ago didn't play solid though. I'm going Reaver/Warlord it's a tank spec but more DPS than meat shield, closer to DK's in WoW. Must say I kick-ass. I got bored of my Cleric who is level 34, and am much prefering the hand to hand face-wipes that I face now.

Yeah, been running that warrior build through my mind since the game came out and I currently have one at level 18. The amount of resistance and life gain from the abilities is awesome. Not mention glorious amounts of CC. Don't forget to throw some points into the Riftblade tree (2% bonus damage per point spent for non-combat damaging abilities). I really enjoy this combination because it reminds me of the Mesmer and Enchanter from GW and Aion.

#348 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 25 March 2012 - 19:41

http://rift.zam.com/...0o<br /><br />Is the spec I am going with, I'm level 18 as well.

#349 spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia 920

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:20

Looks like patch 1.10 is just right around the corner. With 1.10 we can now group up with Defiants and Guardians to raid, quest, 5 mans and world events. Apparently we soon realize the only way we can prevail is to come together. Interesting plot twist for sure!

#350 spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

Posted 31 August 2012 - 13:37

New Mage Soul video

Battle mage for the win (melee)

#351 +metal_dragen

metal_dragen

Neowinian Senior

Posted 31 August 2012 - 13:55

I played SWTOR since launch and have recently become much less interested in playing it until they release new content.

So about 2 months ago I started playing Rift and have been having a blast. I have a cleric at level 50 on Defiant (Wolfsbane).

I actually realized that I missed a more traditional MMO (similar to WoW) from a crafting perspective. I initially liked SWTOR's asynchronous crafting, but it becomes trivial and at this stage is useless at end-game. Whereas in Rift, crafting is very viable at end-game and is often necessary for progression (to make consumable items like enchants, stat food, and weapon/armor buff items).

Also, the world just feels much more alive with the Rifts and constant zone events happening. In SWTOR at end-game, you sit on fleet because there is nothing to see out in the world once you hit 50. In Rift, there is still a reason to leave the capitol cities.

Not to mention the amount of content available as far as raids and dungeons at 50. I also like the Planar Attunement. It's a way to progress your character beyond level 50 apart from gear.

#352 spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

Posted 31 August 2012 - 14:32

I'm the same Metal.. i enjoy MMO's.. i can't really get into SWTOR and after watching a friend with GW2, i'm just not interested. Rift on the other hand has a lot of what i like - complex character builds, great events, lots of people online and the dailies/weeklies keep pugs active - from rifts to raids to crafting to playing AH. Wolfsbane is the best server too ;) faeblight has some nice guilds though, but wolfs population is nice!

if anyone is re-subbing or getting started, pm me if you're a guardian on wolf, i'll send ya some platinum :)

rift feels a lot less "scheduled" to me than wow.. i'm not raiding hardcore at all anymore, but getting to see and play lots of content at my own pace.. will probably never do ID, but oh well.. the rifts, invasions and pvp are still fun.

#353 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:29

I may get back into Rift once the expansion comes out to try out the new stuff and the new soul naturally. But once I hit cap on my main toon I just lost all interest in the game, even though I LOVE the PvP in the game :)

Still, Rift is (imo) a severely underrated gem of a game. I know it has a loyal fanbase and a decent (and fairly large) sub base and all. But the average MMO gamer just doesn't care about it for some reason, or totally dismisses it as a total WoW knock off. Which is partially is, but mostly is not :D

#354 spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 September 2012 - 13:12

I may get back into Rift once the expansion comes out to try out the new stuff and the new soul naturally. But once I hit cap on my main toon I just lost all interest in the game, even though I LOVE the PvP in the game :)

Still, Rift is (imo) a severely underrated gem of a game. I know it has a loyal fanbase and a decent (and fairly large) sub base and all. But the average MMO gamer just doesn't care about it for some reason, or totally dismisses it as a total WoW knock off. Which is partially is, but mostly is not :D

I think most people dismissing it as a wow knock off are just too invested in wow to not realize the forest from the trees. While every MMO that is based upon the "trinity" group of tank/heals/dps is similar in many ways, nothing beats rift in its breadth of gameplay if you ask me. They feel guilty giving up their dedication to wow not realizing there are bigger and better games out there ;) I love playing senticar cleric where my heals can be focused on a tank but the more dmg i do the more aoe heals i do and it adds a nice complexity to what is normally boring healing - its a bit more like other games in flexibibility vs straight up heals. Even the cleric tank gets threat from overhealing - so the class just shines in that functionality and the encounters are designed around it too. (if you ask me, rift raid encounters make blizzard look lazy!)

Complex character builds, complex classes, nice character stats, rifts that allow you to focus on different planar elements, or crafting or attunements, great experts/dungeons that require a little knowledge of the fight vs just pew pew pew, planar attunement, instant adventures, decent PVP and hay, if you like to troll trade and nerd rage, Rift has that too! hehe

#355 spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 September 2012 - 15:53

Pretty amazing new Rift: Storm Legion Xpac trailer :)

can't wait!

#356 spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 September 2012 - 16:09

Can finally pre-order the xpac as well. Ships 11/13/12.

http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/

Should eventually be available for pre-order on steam as well.

#357 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 September 2012 - 16:13

I know a couple of the devs, so I was one of the first beta testers on Rift. Didn't much care for it. My main complaint was the fact there isn't much or wasn't much of a PvE. Not sure how it is now, but I will not go back. Don't really like MMOs anymore.

#358 spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 September 2012 - 16:22

I know a couple of the devs, so I was one of the first beta testers on Rift. Didn't much care for it. My main complaint was the fact there isn't much or wasn't much of a PvE. Not sure how it is now, but I will not go back. Don't really like MMOs anymore.

Wasn't much of PvE? what? heh.

Beta wasn't that great and had rough edges, but Trion more than made up for it with new rifts, new invasions, instant adventures, dungeons, planar attunement et all.

Hell, what i love about rift is i have more fun doing it casually and enjoying myself more than any other game out there. I don't raid unless i pug and there is enough development i can run invasions to gear up or rifts or max out attunement. wayy too much pve content if you ask me, its almost mind boggling what we got in ~1 year

#359 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 September 2012 - 16:32

When I was Betaing this, it was mainly focused on group testing. When I say PvE, I should be saying Solo PvE.

#360 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:09

When I was Betaing this, it was mainly focused on group testing. When I say PvE, I should be saying Solo PvE.

That's true. Beta focused pretty much purely on the rifts. It got so bad some zones were unplayable because no one was doing them.