Rift MMO

• Please log in to reply
380 replies to this topic

#61 OP +McCordRm

McCordRm

http://richardmccord.com

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:15

The guild I run with has been around since 1999. I'm not sure how many of us will be in
Rift (I've already pre-ordered), but I know quite a few will at least try it. SW-TOR will have
a HUGE following within the Guild:
http://www.calloffate.com

Just a quick note: We JUST changed our entire website to a whole new design.
Thus, you won't see most of the old content in the forums and so forth.

#62 treemonster

treemonster

lol wut?

Posted 19 January 2011 - 16:40

so ayase from ncsoft(aion) is the new EU CM for rift.

he's generally regarded as the better CM in aion, although when youre competition is a guy who uses his CM twitter to post about last night's dinner and foursquare, and using your in game admin powers to interfere with pvp on regular servers, it's not hard to be liked by the playerbase.

one of the last things he did in aion was claim that hte so called major content patch could've been charged for along the lines of the average wow expansion. this is a content patch that added 2.5 small zones and 5 levels to the game.

now i can't judge him too harshly, as he did read and post on fansites for the game and occasionally used his pull to take a second look at people's bans. but realistiically one or two fo the other CMs including jr CMs were more upfront about actually useful information and had actual legit toons on some servers, even if one of the CMs was known for abusing her power to ban people on her server she didn't like.

what does this mean for rift? they've got a new PR guy who's last job was eating **** for one of the ********* most lied about games in recent years, and being known in that game for actually doing his job compared to some other PR guys working on that game. so basically he's just going to say whatever his bosses at trion tell him to say.

#63 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:23

ZAM was giving out free Rift VIP keys. They're all gone now. Free key to the first person who adds it to their account:

N776-YN6L-TKKD-QT7K-JCYN

#64 Emn1ty

Emn1ty

Web Programmer

• Phone: Driod Razr

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:08

ZAM was giving out free Rift VIP keys. They're all gone now. Free key to the first person who adds it to their account:

N776-YN6L-TKKD-QT7K-JCYN

Grr, already taken. Would be nice if the one who took it posted so. Ah well...

#65 twist

twist

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:16

http://www.zam.com/giveaways/rift.html

more keys there

#66 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:40

http://www.zam.com/giveaways/rift.html

more keys there

Ah crazy. Was all gone when I looked last.

#67 ylcard

ylcard

Déu

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:53

I have a key from ZAM if anyone wants one. (Don't wanna post it here for non-members or one-post wonders to get it).

I'm not sure if ZAM is giving it away for everyone or whatever, but if they're gone already PM me I'll send you the key.

#68 treemonster

treemonster

lol wut?

Posted 21 January 2011 - 14:30

curse is giving out VIP keys somewhere in their network.

#69 Shaun N.

Shaun N.

Perfidious

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 21 January 2011 - 14:57

Just got a key from Zam

#70 G_0

G_0

Neowinian

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:12

I got a VIP code and applied it but I'm wondering how long it takes for an actual invite to the beta?

#71 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:21

I got a VIP code and applied it but I'm wondering how long it takes for an actual invite to the beta?

You should get an email about a day before the beta event starts.

#72 Tharp Daddy

Tharp Daddy

Indeed!

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:04

So after much debating with myself whether i wanted to spend the $10 extra, i took a leap of faith and pre-ordered the Digital Collector's Edition off Steam. Now on the Rift site it says to apply my pre-order code, is this just the CD key on steam? I activated that through the site, but I'm not sure if steam is supposed to send me some separate code to get VIP access or not.

#73 treemonster

treemonster

lol wut?

Posted 22 January 2011 - 19:11

yeah the cd key on steam should do it.

i'm downloading the client right now. kinda slow and weird in a way i guess. not overly impressed it's another one of those mmo's you have to log in to patch,as i like to patch up then pay for game time.

#74 Tharp Daddy

Tharp Daddy

Indeed!

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:49

yeah the cd key on steam should do it.

i'm downloading the client right now. kinda slow and weird in a way i guess. not overly impressed it's another one of those mmo's you have to log in to patch,as i like to patch up then pay for game time.

Yup, Steam CD key did the trick. The launcher may very well change in the future, it's only closed beta after all. Also, are you meaning slow as in download speeds? I was hitting great DL speeds. I have always wished that Steam could automatically update MMOs, though. It would be great to not have to patch manually, but i imagine it would create a bunch of problems for the companies.

I'm thinking of going Cleric for beta 5, and then giving Mage an attempt in beta 6. Shaman seems like a blast to play, but I'm trying to decide if i want to go a 2 soul route, or 3. Too many options!

#75 treemonster

treemonster

lol wut?

Posted 23 January 2011 - 14:57

i'm gonna try a mage type toon. i hear they have really slow casting speed though. there some kind of warrior caster hybrid soul but i tend to regret rolling mdps in mmo's and it's one intersting soul in an archetype filled with stuff i don't want to do.

but yeah i was getting 471kbps from teh launcher yesterday. and the whole logging in to patch thing is always annoying imho, just because i like to patch up the game and then pay for game time. it's actually one of the factors holding me back from resubbing to STO right now.