Archos 4.3 Internet Tablet

Archos 4.3 Internet Tablet

Product capacity • Internal: 8 & 16 GB**** flash memory • External: Micro SD Slot (SDHC compatible)

Display characteristics High resolution touch screen, 480x854 pixels (FWVGA), 4.3'' TFT LCD, 16 million colors

Application Framework Android 2.2 Froyo7

Processor • ARM Cortex A8 at 1 GHz with DSP • Graphic accelerator: 3D OpenGL ES 2.0

Video recording & picture taking • HD Camcorder: 2 MP - recording format: 720p H264 / AAC .MP4

Interfaces • USB 2.0 Device • USB 2.0 Host: Mass Storage Class (MSC) and Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) • HDMI output5

Communication protocols • WiFi (802.11 b/g/n) • Bluetooth 2.1 EDR

So I'm looking for a personal media player / internet tablet / portable gaming thing.

Since this comes with Froyo with Flash playback then I should be able to transfer flash games from the internet onto the unit.

I like the fact that it has a MicroSD slot for expansion. I like that it supports Flash. I like that it has a HD camcorder. I like that it has a lot of interface ports/options. I like that you don't need to be locked into using one store.

The unit is faster than the one in this two year old video (the same video link as above) and this one has a OpenGL 3D accelerator. Hopefully that means it does a better job at playing flash videos but I don't know if it can play something relatively complicated (like a tower defence game).

I also like that I can order it from my local computer store because I hate dealing with the U.S. border.

So, does anybody have any thought on this unit? Is there something else that I should consider?

I ordered the archos 70 thru amazon and I checked reviews before ordering this one. Archos 70 is one of the best Android tablet out there but does not have GPS.