Got two hours in last night - it's awesome - the animation and character in everything is awesome. Graphics are some of the best i've seen all year, not technically of course, but artistically speaking. Gameplay is PEEERRFFEECCTT... of course :D Sword control is spot on. Story seems more involved so far than usual for a Zelda game. Have to wait two days till I can play again :cry:

This makes me want to buy back the Wii I sold. :cry:

Wii Emulator is pretty decent :) use it to play my old Wii games, just need to buy Zelda now and make myself an Iso :)

Wii Emulator is pretty decent :) use it to play my old Wii games, just need to buy Zelda now and make myself an Iso :)

This makes me want to buy back that PC I took apart when I got a Macbook :cry:

Actually, I tried Dolphin, it was amazing how well done it was, but considering how cheap Wiis are it's probably not worth the time setting it up and getting controllers again.

I should mention the only legal way to play a wii game on your computer is to backup the disc using an actual wii, unless you have a certain dvd drive in your computer it wont be able to read wii discs. Just buy a wii, you can get them so cheap now, and people are claiming 60+ hours for Skyward Sword's length so it would be worth it.

OHHHH ****! I thought I'd just check the dolphin forums out of pure interest to see if the game was playable at all on PC/MAC and came across these screen shots.

Apparently the game is playable the whole way through, bug free, with perfect performance provided you have a powerful enough CPU/GPU. I am almost considering dragging my PC into the lounge and transferring my save so that I can play the rest like this.... soue011.pngsoue012.pngijY6DvCmKMENE.png

Damnit, just as I'm about to get it, my Wii remote croaks, I need to get a replacement Wii Remote, and some batteries as my induction charger which forced me to charge the battery pack IN remote fried my Wiimote. Don't get the Energerizer induction chargers, they're lethal. lol

It's funny that this is probably the first game to actually make most people want to get a motion plus and it's been out for ages now. I picked mine up the other day for $20 packaged with Red Steel 2 at en EB sale because the box was dented.

Those dolphin screenshots made me think, it would be super cool if the Wii U, instead of just emulating wii games or playing them as a wii could scale them up to HD resolutions. Would give me reason to play through a couple of games again.

It's funny that this is probably the first game to actually make most people want to get a motion plus and it's been out for ages now. I picked mine up the other day for $20 packaged with Red Steel 2 at en EB sale because the box was dented.

Those dolphin screenshots made me think, it would be super cool if the Wii U, instead of just emulating wii games or playing them as a wii could scale them up to HD resolutions. Would give me reason to play through a couple of games again.

I don't see why it couldn't. My old Dual Core could run Wii game upscaled at 60 FPS. Will they add the support though? Probably not.

Yeah apparently the game doesn't really have anything new to offer, can become very repetitive and cumbersome and also the controls seem to be not as great as one would maybe like. Thought it would be like, some nuts new game with something epic, but I mean, what am I expecting? It to produce orgasms?? Or be chock full of references to stuff that already is annoying? Maybe it's as good as it's gonna get... oh well, in a way, I just wanted all the cool Ocarina of Time stuff like the master sword, mirror shield, colored tunics that aren't all gay like in Twilight Princess and maybe other ones that are a bit gay but you don't really have to wear them as much, only maybe for like, certain bits, and just expanded on and the graphics updated.

But then it'd just be an updated Ocarina of Time.. hmm, maybe what I'm wanting is an Ocarina of Time II. Which would be modern, and way bigger and more in depth. Maybe a flying carpet, some Majora's Mask aspects in there, like the dude with the DNA strand looking sword... and then the option to play fish-bones guitar, etc. Maybe some trains like that whole uh DS game with the train, and maybe also some boat stuff... Just like, a great game with amazing graphics and good controls.. Then maybe some voice acting might be nice.. I don't know really, because even if that existed, I don't know if I would be satisfied... :p Though I might be for a while...

EDIT: I also hate how lonesome the last few Zelda games come to feel sometimes.. It's like, sheesh how much more depressing can this get, solving a fricken puzzle that's manifested as a dungeon I'm like trapped in cause I can't go anyfurther and I'm by meself with like, bats, and leaking water n stuff (water temple), maybe if they had other characters that Link teamed up with, but who weren't annoying and made the game great

It's gamespot, what do you expect? Like most of the content of that site, their reviews of games are almost always crap.

All I thought about seeing that score was the mega64 vid "you ruined the metacritc, you broke my heart"

hmm, maybe what I'm wanting is an Ocarina of Time II. Which would be modern, and way bigger and more in depth.

Why would you want a modern Zelda game? Everybody keeps comparing stuff to Ocarina of Time but for me A Link to the Past is my favorite and OoT just took the same game ideas from ALttP.

Yeah apparently the game doesn't really have anything new to offer, can become very repetitive and cumbersome and also the controls seem to be not as great as one would maybe like. Thought it would be like, some nuts new game with something epic, but I mean, what am I expecting? It to produce orgasms?? Or be chock full of references to stuff that already is annoying? Maybe it's as good as it's gonna get... oh well, in a way, I just wanted all the cool Ocarina of Time stuff like the master sword, mirror shield, colored tunics that aren't all gay like in Twilight Princess and maybe other ones that are a bit gay but you don't really have to wear them as much, only maybe for like, certain bits, and just expanded on and the graphics updated.

But then it'd just be an updated Ocarina of Time.. hmm, maybe what I'm wanting is an Ocarina of Time II. Which would be modern, and way bigger and more in depth. Maybe a flying carpet, some Majora's Mask aspects in there, like the dude with the DNA strand looking sword... and then the option to play fish-bones guitar, etc. Maybe some trains like that whole uh DS game with the train, and maybe also some boat stuff... Just like, a great game with amazing graphics and good controls.. Then maybe some voice acting might be nice.. I don't know really, because even if that existed, I don't know if I would be satisfied... :p Though I might be for a while...

EDIT: I also hate how lonesome the last few Zelda games come to feel sometimes.. It's like, sheesh how much more depressing can this get, solving a fricken puzzle that's manifested as a dungeon I'm like trapped in cause I can't go anyfurther and I'm by meself with like, bats, and leaking water n stuff (water temple), maybe if they had other characters that Link teamed up with, but who weren't annoying and made the game great

Wow, everything you're hoping for sounds awful and I pray Zelda doesn't turn into that. Perhaps you need to look for a different game... This game sounds amazingly fun and I can't wait to start playing it.

Wow, everything you're hoping for sounds awful and I pray Zelda doesn't turn into that. Perhaps you need to look for a different game... This game sounds amazingly fun and I can't wait to start playing it.

I would suggest watching the gamespot review... This game looks quite awful, not sure if you're just trolling me or what. But SkywardSword looks like Just a boring rehash of everything that's been done before, and not even in an overly interesting way.

I would suggest watching the gamespot review... This game looks quite awful, not sure if you're just trolling me or what. But SkywardSword looks like Just a boring rehash of everything that's been done before, and not even in an overly interesting way.

why don;t you play it first, instead of relying on crappy gamespot reviews ...

So we have one review begging for traffic and then dozens of reviews praising the game. IGN has straight up called it the best Zelda game of all time, Gameinformer has heaped a ton of praise on to it as well as Edge and Famitsu giving it perfect scores. Imo IGN, Gameinformer, Edge, Famitsu > Gamespot all day long. And not just because I disagree with this review.