Sense or Stock Android

SenseUI or Stock Android?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

All the HTC Apps are so thoroughly embedded into Sense ROM frameworks that this would be impossible. It's the reason why Sense can never be ported to a different ROM unless there's a source to go with it.
Totally gay :(
Have you tried Dialerone? It allows a similar experience to the Sense dialer in that you can use corresponding letters on the numbers for contact searches.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/dialer-one/kz.mek.DialerOne

I'll try it now. Thanks.

I'm really surprised by the way things are going here, that is, Stock over Sense.

I'm an avid tamperer, i've used Cyranogen, OpenDesire as stock and to be honest i don't like them, they seem alot faster and more responsive but lacking useability, Cryanogens app screen is bloody awful, scrolls like a pig and just looks wrong.

Also, take the phone dialer as mentioned above, on sense you can start typing a contacts name and it locates them, nice and easy, on Stock it just thinks your putting in a number its doesn't have the lookup, so you have to scroll down all your contacts to find the contact you want. Yeah, its got favorites but its not as good or useable.

In addition, its just kind of, well - fugly.

On the Sense side of things I've used mainly LeeDroid for my Desire, however I've recently switched to the RCMixHD rom, the desire HD rom on the Desire which take sense up a notch.

I like the HTC Facebook and Twitter apps, the clock on the home screen and the animations, etc, some of the themes and available addons are lovely from the HTC Hub.

There is just more useability to the HTC sense roms - the normal Roms are a bit bland and dull.

I'd take Sense, the sense that came with my MyTouch4G. It's sense with some stuff T-Mobile added. But today I came to stock because of the CM7 RCs and I miss the clock, the weather animations and the simicity of the sense roms. The last used apps bar in the pull down notification bar was really useful and I caught myself couple times since last night when I switched to CM, looking for that bar on the notification area.

I like stock, but I want the sense weather widget that has multiple locations. haven't found a weather widget yet that I can scroll through different locations without going into an app. except for the sense one.

• 3 months later...

I've not had a chance to try out a phone that doesn't have Sense UI. But if Stock or other ROMs that don't use Sense have smooth scrolling of SMS conversation messages, and HTC Calendar (in Agenda view), then I will want to get away from Sense.

I just hate how laggy it feels scrolling through a few messages on my HTC Desire, and I'm only viewing like 8 messages of a SMS conversation with one person. Likewise for the HTC Calendar app in Agenda view, it seems like it's literally choking at the 10 or so events I have on display when scrolling through it. :no:

My experiences have only lead me to believe that Sense is a slow and bloat-filled UI (except on the HTC Flyer I reviewed...). I prefer stock.

Both are nice, and have their pros/cons.

Sense is very polished, fast and probably the best manufacturer launcher on Android hands down. It however slows down updates. Stock is nice, customizable, and decently fast.

I use a very stock Android version (HyperdroidGBX) which is stripped down for speed. I would be able to tolerate Sense if it was as fast and nice looking as on Windows Mobile (where it has native 3D acceleration) and it supported Android with screen density of ~160. Right now it has huge oversized buttons which are pointless on large screen phones.

Just moved to Go Launcher, really liking it, does seem nice and fast, and quite a few themes available on market.

I don't even use the stock Android UI :p

I do like Sense but it's a bit too "all in one" for my liking. I like to keep things minimal and customise from there so I much prefer to have full control over what intragegrations are in my phone as well as be able to control them at will and only stock Android (Or Samsung phones with Touchwiz) fully allow that. Samsung's implementation differs Sense in that all the core features of the Samsung UI is built around the stock Android system so hardware acceleration, widgets and features can still be enjoyed by installing another launcher whereas with Sense you must be using a SenseUI to get the Sense features and widgets.

I have LauncherPro Plus and while the widgets are very much the same, the remainder of the features (dialler T9 etc) are not.

To combat this I just use GoLauncher EX and Dialer One which gives a nice and polished experience with improved T9 dialler searching and customisation.

But that's just me :p

Actually if you're on android 2.x, stock is pretty boring especially on Nexus One or Nexus S. I prefer other launchers instead of sense such as go launcher/adw/launcher pro, they're very customisable. Sense UI isnt that bad actually just that it can be slow especially when you add too much stuff to your homescreen and have too many animations going on.

For honeycomb on the other hand I prefer the stock UI over the custom launchers like Adw or Launcherpro, i think google did a great job in the stock honeycomb UI overall - you can live without custom ones :)

• 2 weeks later...