Speckie v1.0.0 - Spell Check for IE

Ahh, thank you for this info, I haven't tested it with the zoom. I'll look in to this ASAP.

Cool. I really need a Spelleck since the RC broke ieSpell. I also need to use zoom on my dinky 11.6" laptop. BTW, did you know that if you change Windows text to 125% it automatically makes IE's default zoom 125%?.

Also, here's a little tip for you IE9 users. The PrivacyChoice2 TPL blocks most ads.

http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Browser/TrackingProtectionLists/Default.html

Well we got problems on 2 systems with 64-bit Windows 7 SP1 and the default, 32-bit IE9RC. On both machines, speckie tags the misspelled words but there are no right click menu options. 64-bit works fine but again, 64-bit cannot be the default browser. So that's unfortunate.

I've resolved the crash in the 64 bit build but have not released a fix yet.

@Bill_Bright, the 2 machines you're experiencing issues with, are they multi monitor setups ?

I've released v1.5.1 which fixes the crash in the 64 bit version.

@Bill_Bright, does the issue you're experiencing with the 32 bit version happen on any web page or a specific one ?

I've released v1.5.1 which fixes the crash in the 64 bit version.

The crashing of IE9RC 64bit is gone with this new version thanks :)

Now Speckie v1.5.1.0 is having performance impact when browsing in google search with IE9RC. The scrolling is slow and makes the browser to hang for 2 or 3 seconds. I am also getting notifications of performance impact of Speckie v1.5.1.0 from the new Add-on Performance Advisor in IE9RC. The problem is gone when I disable Speckie v1.5.1.0 from the Add-on Manager in IE.

Windows 7 SP1 64bit

IE9RC

Running the IE9RC 32bit version.

@Bill_Bright, the 2 machines you're experiencing issues with, are they multi monitor setups ?

My main machine is a dual monitor setup with a NVIDIA card and Ultramon.
@Bill_Bright, does the issue you're experiencing with the 32 bit version happen on any web page or a specific one ?
Seems to be any webpage.

IE64 seems to be working for me now. I get an add-on warning of 0.24 secs delay (the default warning level is .20 secs). I have no problem with google searches. The zoom problem is still there so it's actually unusable on my laptop.

BTW, MS says there is no way to make IE64 the default browser, by design.

To ensure no misunderstanding, there's no technical reason 64-bit IE cannot be the default. It is just that MS does not allow Windows to accept it - yet.

See Q&A: 64-Bit IE

IE64 seems to be working for me now. I get an add-on warning of 0.24 secs delay (the default warning level is .20 secs). I have no problem with google searches. The zoom problem is still there so it's actually unusable on my laptop.

I'm still looking in to the delay issue. Could you provide some more detail as to the zoom problem please ?

I'm still looking in to the delay issue. Could you provide some more detail as to the zoom problem please ?

At 125% zoom, you have to click the word before the one you want to check or the space between words to get the list of possible corrections, or it may not work at all. BTW, Windows reports the add-on delay for IE32 at 0.82 secs (0.24 for IE64).

At 125% zoom, you have to click the word before the one you want to check or the space between words to get the list of possible corrections, or it may not work at all. BTW, Windows reports the add-on delay for IE32 at 0.82 secs (0.24 for IE64).

Thanks. The delay issue gets progressively worse. I'm still trying to reproduce it.

I've resolved the issue with the context menu not showing suggested corrections when the zoom is not 100% and also on multi-monitor setups. I have not released a fix yet. I'm still looking in to the delay issue.

I've resolved the issue with the context menu not showing suggested corrections when the zoom is not 100% and also on multi-monitor setups.
FTR I've not used zoom and the right context problem happens on my notebook with its lone monitor too.

Sorry, but it really seems like it needs to go back into beta, and right now, I am currently beta testing a couple other programs so maybe when I have more time. But I'll keep watching this thread.

Is there a way to get speckie to auto update? Or maybe put the version number in the download link?

It has a new version notification which opens this webpage.

You can check which version of Speckie you have via the Manage Addons feature in IE.

I've released v1.5.4 which addresses all of the issues raised here since the last release. Thanks to all of you for reporting them and especially donbt99 for helping me root out the slow down issue.

You are welcome Mauro and keep up the good work :)