Speckie v1.0.0 - Spell Check for IE

I just composed an email in Gmail and did not have any problems with delays or freezing. Speckie did not work in Gmail, but it did not interfere either.

I'll look in to it.

I know that Speckie in the latest beta does not work in Gmail. I am still using 1.60.

Thanks for looking into it Mauro. :-)

If you would turn on email notifications, we could subscribe to the beta forum and get email notifications. That's what I would prefer. Nothing against Neowin, but it seems that's where this topic should be happening.

@Bill_Bright, my forum didn't have the feature to subscribe to forum categories, so I installed a mod that allows it
And it took you near 20 hours to get around to it too! :pinch: :whistle:

Subscribed.

Thanks. ;)

Does Speckie support spellchecking in other languages beside English, like Firefox and Chrome ?

Yep, it has a that will take you to the next linkt:

http://www.speckie.com/dicts/

Just open the dictionaty you want to install it once Speckie is installed.

That's not the point of this thread. IESpell is nice checker, but its main draw back is it is not real-time. You must right-click and select Check Spelling. Not so with a real-time checker.

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this bug, but once I installed speckie, webpages took longer to load. About 5-7 seconds in some cases, visiting any site, from Google to here. Normally they pop up in a fraction of a second. After disabling speckie everything was good again. Using Win7 64 bit with IE9 RTM.

Other than that, it is a great add-on, nice work!

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this bug, but once I installed speckie, webpages took longer to load. About 5-7 seconds in some cases, visiting any site, from Google to here. Normally they pop up in a fraction of a second. After disabling speckie everything was good again. Using Win7 64 bit with IE9 RTM.

I'll look in to this, thanks for letting me know.

Does Speckie support spellchecking in other languages beside English, like Firefox and Chrome ?

Yes, you can set the dictionary to use from the context menu.

My first Troll on neowin, yay!

its a problem some of us reported in the first few pages on this topic.

we have 64bit ie 9, and download the 64bit installer, after installing nothing shows up in ie addons, and so on.

But if we download the all in one one it works just fine.

btw paul thurrott mentioned your program on windows weeekly. some advertisement there :D Congrats on that :D

I'll have to keep digging at this one, I'm finding it difficult to reproduce. Stoked at being mentioned by Paul Thurrott !

Mauro, a suggestion, on the Speckie download page, next to the latest version number you should include the release date, as reference point so we know whether one has the latest version; just an idea, thanks!

You might disable any other add-ons and see what happens. It seems most problems with IE slowing down (when malware and other causes have been ruled out) is a wayward add-on, or add-ons not playing well together. Often, just reinstalling the add-ons help.

Ely, Speckie has a new version notification, it opens the http://www.speckie.com/changes page in a new tab when a new version is available. Note you can get Beta versions at http://www.speckie.com/beta but I don't push notifications for those.

Would it be possible to have an option to allow beta notifications? I like to use the latest stuff (or at least be notified), so having this as an option would be handy!

I am betting however, that IE X (10) will have spell check built in. I don't think they can ignore it much longer.

I agree with you.

Would it be possible to have an option to allow beta notifications? I like to use the latest stuff (or at least be notified), so having this as an option would be handy!

I'll see if I can get it in, I'm just trying to resolve a bug and adding a configuration page at the moment.

Thank you for posting, I had the same Issue on my system. (Windows 7 - 64 bit - IE9)

After I removed speckie the browser was good again.

Never again speckie, never again. :angry:

Never again speckie, never again. :angry:

I don't see where that is fair. Sure, we all want everything to work perfectly and as expected every single time but that's not reality. Now some makers tell consumers off and are not receptive to criticism. mauro has bent over backwards to address issues quickly with this new and unique product - which for most of us, works perfectly.

That's also not to say it wasn't another addon causing the problem, not Speckie. Only a couple of users have reported slowdowns, which makes me think it's not Speckie related.