I'm running it on my Mac. A Core i5 at 2.66 GHz and Radeon 4850M runs the game OK at 2560x1440. Not more than okay. Medium details and it is slightly choppy. I love the game itself though, it's brilliant.

As most of you may know already, pre-ordering has begun. You can get a great description of each edition on their website by clicking HERE.

I'm going to start updating the main post with new info as well.

I'm going with the Standard Edition. What about you guys?

I'm torn on whether to buy this. I've done the MMO grind in WoW and Rift, and i'm not sure if this game will be different enough to keep me interested. But it's also Bioware, one of my favorite companies.

I'm torn on whether to buy this. I've done the MMO grind in WoW and Rift, and i'm not sure if this game will be different enough to keep me interested. But it's also Bioware, one of my favorite companies.

I know how you feel. Something that MIGHT help you make a decision is THIS. It's all of the info gathered so far on The Old Republic. You might've already seen it, I don't know. If you haven't you should definitely take a look! :)

Just finished paying $150 for the Collector's Edition, this exclusive store better be worth it.

I'm confident you'll love it!

I've updated the original post with the latest Cinematic Trailer, the Required/Minimum Specs, and a lot of pre-order information. Will be making further additions soon!

Picked up the CE pre-order today. Also saw the beta weekends in sept. I hope they throw a bone to those that have been on the official site since oct 2008 by inviting all of us to at least one weekend.

100% preordered. I got the regular edition as I couldn't afford either CE..

Looking forward to being a smuggler/gunslinger. :D

100% preordered. I got the regular edition as I couldn't afford either CE..

Looking forward to being a smuggler/gunslinger. :D

When I watched gameplay, Smuggler has really epic abilities. I was actually thinking about being a Smuggler instead of a Trooper for a while.

that 'Return' Cinematic Trailer is freaking sweet.

It's probably the best one so far. The first one is also amazing, though!

Join the Fight

The graphics are looking better than ever in this trailer!

Those animations are so bad...

Sometimes, I look at some of the animations and think they could be a bit better. Overall, they really are not that bad.

So, I'm getting a new laptop. How well do you think it'll be able to run The Old Republic with these specs?

Manufacturer: Dell

Memory: 4GB Shared Single Channel DDR3 Memory

Hard Drive: 500GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive

Video Card: NVIDIA? GeForce? GT 525M (128-bit)

Processor: 2nd Generation Intel? Core? i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz

Internal Optical Drive: 8X Tray Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)

Total Price: $749.99

I think it's good, especially for that price. What do you guys think?

So, I'm getting a new laptop. How well do you think it'll be able to run The Old Republic with these specs?

Manufacturer: Dell

Memory: 4GB Shared Single Channel DDR3 Memory

Hard Drive: 500GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive

Video Card: NVIDIA? GeForce? GT 525M (128-bit)

Processor: 2nd Generation Intel? Core? i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz

Internal Optical Drive: 8X Tray Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)

Total Price: $749.99

I think it's good, especially for that price. What do you guys think?

Personally I'd go with custom built, but also, looks fine enough to run the game. Another personal preference is to upgrade your HDD. 5400 RPM is just so slow imo.

Personally I'd go with custom built, but also, looks fine enough to run the game. Another personal preference is to upgrade your HDD. 5400 RPM is just so slow imo.

Let's say I were to try and push the laptop a little further. How well do you think it would run the game at max graphics?

As for the HDD, I'm only going to be playing The Old Republic. I don't think I would need anything better. However, I'll look at my options for the HDD again.

Let's say I were to try and push the laptop a little further. How well do you think it would run the game at max graphics?

As for the HDD, I'm only going to be playing The Old Republic. I don't think I would need anything better. However, I'll look at my options for the HDD again.

Here is a link for the card, lots of stats and benchmarks. Judging by those scores on current 'demanding' games I'd say medium to high, with ultra likely to be unplayable. Though this game will likely have many optimizations done either pre-launch or post launch and fixes as well. So that could change and is of course speculation anyways.

Here is a link for the card, lots of stats and benchmarks. Judging by those scores on current 'demanding' games I'd say medium to high, with ultra likely to be unplayable. Though this game will likely have many optimizations done either pre-launch or post launch and fixes as well. So that could change and is of course speculation anyways.

Thanks. I think I'll go with this laptop. :)

'The Esseles' Developer Walkthrough

The Esseles, a Republic transport that carries some of the most high-profiled members of the Galactic Senate across the galaxy, has come under siege from the opportunistic Grand Moff Kilran. Dallas Dickinson guides you along as a group of Republic heroes must band together to repel the Imperial boarding parties and retake their ship in this Developer Walkthrough.

I really want to pre-order, but I've been burnt by not waiting until the games out and then find out it sucks (see Brink).

I'm going to wait until I see/hear what people say about the final game before I spend my money.

I really want to pre-order, but I've been burnt by not waiting until the games out and then find out it sucks (see Brink).

I'm going to wait until I see/hear what people say about the final game before I spend my money.

Same here. The fact I'll have to install Win7 to play is making me not do a pre-order. I have no other need for Win7 on my Mac.

I am hoping its badass though cool.gif

Even though that was for the republic is helped pushed me to play a BH as the final boss was clearly based on that class.

Some of the Bounty Hunter's abilities look ridiculously epic! Especially that Jet Pack!

Anywhere in the UK where i can pro-order the limited edition? Unable to find it on game, play, zavvi, amazon etc :(

As far as i know they are all out of physical CEs and Digital Deluxe(yes they limited digital)

They finally revealed Jedi Consular info! It looks great!

There is power in wisdom, study, and diplomacy. The Jedi Consular wields that power with an even hand. Consulars study the mysteries of the Force. They use their knowledge to bring peace, but when words fail, their understanding of the Force makes them dangerous foes. Choose your Consular?s path ? become the strong, silent hand of the Jedi Council as a Shadow, or immerse yourself in the mysteries of the Force as a Sage, healing and empowering your allies.

Learn more details about the Jedi Consular: