I like it so far.. It's a ton of fun.

Personally, I like the single player infusion. I feel that thus far anyways, they've done a great job mixing it in with the traditional MMO approach.

I'm running it on a Q6600 with a single GTX 260 SSC and it's running great.

• 2 weeks later...

just got an invite to test this any one else get one?

The invites have just started to go out within the past few hours. I'm sure more and more people will post here if and when they get in (I hope I do!).

Are these related to preorders? Or just some more testing?

more testing i signed up from the site quite some time ago. and was selected.

just got an invite to test this any one else get one?

I received mine a few weeks ago for the closed beta. I guess they're doing weekend beta invites?

Well, I guess I must have been living under a rock somewhere out in the middle of the desert.

I just preordered the digital deluxe version and claimed my preorder / beta spot....now it's the waiting game to actually being able to download and play it.

My subscription for RIFT ends October 7th, so I'm going to be moving to this game :D

Pretty much decided on the Jedi Knight Sentinel tree for dual wield lightsaber goodness!

• 2 weeks later...

WOOOOOOT, completely skipped over the e-mail on my phone this morning in a tired state. Went to the website to see the companion video and BAM release date so happy. Better be a midnight launch at my gamestop as i am on break for this.

We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on August 12 2011. The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected based on the new release date:

"Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Bundle"

Previous estimated arrival date: January 05 2012 - January 09 2012

New estimated arrival date: December 27 2011 - December 29 2011

Woohoo! :woot:

So I'm sure people here got those two emails as if you were in the beta. Well the traffic of angry fans over this has crash the website as of now lol.

:laugh: I literally went back through my email to see if I somehow missed it. "please take this survey and see what other fellow beta testers are saying." I was like WtF? I never got the email! What a screw up. LOL

:laugh: I literally went back through my email to see if I somehow missed it. "please take this survey and see what other fellow beta testers are saying." I was like WtF? I never got the email! What a screw up. LOL

Haha, I did the exact same thing. I then proceeded to login to the SWTOR website to see if there was any download link in my account settings that I missed somehow. That email was either a crappy mistake and a cruel trick, either way, that sucked. LOL

When I try to login, it tells me 'log in failed' and then prompts me to login again, this time with a captcha on the page. Several tries later, a dozen password resets and I still can't get in. I emailed customer service... am i the only one who can't get in?

Haha, I did the exact same thing. I then proceeded to login to the SWTOR website to see if there was any download link in my account settings that I missed somehow. That email was either a crappy mistake and a cruel trick, either way, that sucked. LOL

LOL It definitely did suck.

When I try to login, it tells me 'log in failed' and then prompts me to login again, this time with a captcha on the page. Several tries later, a dozen password resets and I still can't get in. I emailed customer service... am i the only one who can't get in?

It was a real big mistake on their part. None of us were actually in the beta, they just sent emails like we were.

Maybe they will do the right thing and make it up to everyone somehow. I doubt it, but this was a pretty big F up on their behalf.

This game distinctly reminds me of playing the Star Trek mmo. A wonderful single player campaign with a bunch of people running around beside you. Hopefully it gets better but it has yet to sell me on actually being an "mmo" beyond the generic mmo traits.

I'd comment on more but I need to play more first. But my initial impressions aren't that enthusiastic.

Unless the game is a Shooter (TF2, Battlefield, etc.), I spend the great majority

of my time soloing, anyhow. I like MMOs because they give me the option of

playing with friends. Therefore, hearing that the game offers a great deal of solo

content is actually a Plus for me.