Star Wars: The Old Republic

official mmo star wars the old republic bioware pc star wars mmo

• Please log in to reply
833 replies to this topic

#16 Viper217

Viper217

Neowinian

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:56

Bah Monthly fee sucks. Wish there wasn't.

Monthly fees don't really cost that much compared to the time an average MMO player spends on the game in a month. The good thing about the fees is they kill spammers pretty well, a fact which is then completely nulled once free trials come out. :p

#17 Teebor

Teebor

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:09

Its got to be some sort of melee class for me, preferably a lightsaber weilder

Otherwise I'm giving serious thought to a character that is good at crafting/jury rigging and handy with a blaster - in fact I might do this first

#18 OP Chaltalian

Chaltalian

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:15

Its got to be some sort of melee class for me, preferably a lightsaber weilder

Otherwise I'm giving serious thought to a character that is good at crafting/jury rigging and handy with a blaster - in fact I might do this first

If you're in to crafting, you should check THIS out!

Smuggler, Trooper, Imperial Agent, and Bounty Hunter are the blaster wielding classes.

Definitely continue to give serious thought about what class you want to choose, as I think they mentioned at one point in time that you will NOT be allowed to swap classes.

#19 treemonster

treemonster

lol wut?

Posted 12 January 2011 - 13:56

well you can always reroll but at level 10 you choose your advanced class like for jedi knights it's guardian(tank) or sentinel (mdps) and after that you are stuck with your AC on that toon.

also the crafting looks cool. queue up your crafting plan on your ship and go back to questing and a few hours later you have some super cool items to wear or sell. i might actually craft in this game.

#20 OP Chaltalian

Chaltalian

Neowinian

Posted 12 January 2011 - 23:59

well you can always reroll but at level 10 you choose your advanced class like for jedi knights it's guardian(tank) or sentinel (mdps) and after that you are stuck with your AC on that toon.

also the crafting looks cool. queue up your crafting plan on your ship and go back to questing and a few hours later you have some super cool items to wear or sell. i might actually craft in this game.

Crafting is definitely something I want to get really experienced with. A lot of money can definitely be made with Crew Skills! :D

I'm hoping this Friday, they'll have another update on Crew Skills. There is still a lot to be revealed about it.

#21 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy S4

Posted 13 January 2011 - 00:20

Well although I never got into the first one, I signed up for an account just in case I do get into this one this time around. That, and I was able to get DirtyLarry as my name, so I am happy about that. (Y)

#22 Osiris

Osiris

Neowinian God!

• Phone: HTC 8X

Posted 13 January 2011 - 00:36

they running another round of beta invites?

#23 OP Chaltalian

Chaltalian

Neowinian

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:21

they running another round of beta invites?

I'm pretty sure BETA hasn't started yet. When you make an account, you select the option stating that you are willing to participate in the BETA when it begins. When it does, they'll notify you if you've been accepted.

#24 +SOOPRcow

SOOPRcow

Neowinian

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:26

I'm pretty sure BETA hasn't started yet. When you make an account, you select the option stating that you are willing to participate in the BETA when it begins. When it does, they'll notify you if you've been accepted.

It has started.

#25 OP Chaltalian

Chaltalian

Neowinian

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:36

It has started.

I did some research. According to the FAQ, it hasn't. I guess it hasn't been updated yet.
Posted Image

According to Joystiq though, it has. This article is from July 2010. [Link]

My apologies. :)

#26 treemonster

treemonster

lol wut?

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:43

they've been able to keep a pretty good tight lid on it. doesn't seem to be any videos from players in the beta on youtube the last few times i checked, which is pretty typical despite NDAs. once in a while you someone claiming to be in the beta but their claims are dubious and varied at best.

#27 OP Chaltalian

Chaltalian

Neowinian

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:40

they've been able to keep a pretty good tight lid on it. doesn't seem to be any videos from players in the beta on youtube the last few times i checked, which is pretty typical despite NDAs. once in a while you someone claiming to be in the beta but their claims are dubious and varied at best.

There is literally no talk of the beta on the forums either.

I found some screenshots on Gamespot that I thought were pretty nice. What do you guys think?

1. For this screenshot, I'm looking more at the architecture and statues of the Jedi Temple in the background. It all looks really well done.
Posted Image

2. I actually feel more bad for the Sarlacc than the Sandcrawler! :laugh:
Posted Image

3. Now I know that when I see the Sarlacc in the game, stay as far away as possible!
Posted Image

4. The Trooper's armor also looks great! Once again, I think I might want to become a Trooper... lol
Posted Image

5. I'm going to explore ALL OVER Coruscant, because this just looks AMAZING! Look at the Jedi Temple in back!
Posted Image

6. Not sure what this place is, but I really can't wait to check it out!
Posted Image

7. Lovin' the armor!
Posted Image

Let me know what you guys think of the screenshots. Shoot some ratings out! Which one is your favorite? :D

My favorites are #1 and #6. Coruscant is lookin' great!

#28 treemonster

treemonster

lol wut?

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:43

this may seem strange, but i really want realsitic cloth for the jedi robes. i don't want those old ktoro robes wit the split in the middle that's stuck to your jedi's legs. i know realstic cloth can be done even without phsyx, but bioware seems to use software physx in some of their recent games on pc. it's a minor detail but it does a lot to make my star wars related nerdgasm that much more intense instead of rolling my eyes at the 2002 graphics.

#29 OP Chaltalian

Chaltalian

Neowinian

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:51

this may seem strange, but i really want realsitic cloth for the jedi robes. i don't want those old ktoro robes wit the split in the middle that's stuck to your jedi's legs. i know realstic cloth can be done even without phsyx, but bioware seems to use software physx in some of their recent games on pc. it's a minor detail but it does a lot to make my star wars related nerdgasm that much more intense instead of rolling my eyes at the 2002 graphics.

I know what you mean. That's an old screenshot, so it might've changed since then. Who knows!

This is the most recent screenshot they had with a Jedi wearing his cloak. It actually doesn't look too bad.
http://www.swtor.com...eens/miraluka-1

The cape here also doesn't look too bad.
http://www.swtor.com...eens/terentatek

What do you think?

#30 treemonster

treemonster

lol wut?

Posted 13 January 2011 - 15:06

second screenshot looks promising for sure. but i won't get my hopes up until i see it in action. wow style robes and how they move would be an improvement over kotor, but still not good enough for me.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!