Verizon iPhone

I guess it's good for americans... I never quite understood why it's been an ATT exclusive for so long

Apple claimed that they had an exclusive deal with AT&T until 2012, and that's what I'm curious about... If that was really the case, couldn't AT&T sue them? Or was there some kind of settlement?

dont want to get it on the 1st day. I am gonna wait until the hype has died down and minor problems solved.

I don't know about any minor problems but I know I definitely will be waiting as well. Why get sucked into buying a iPhone 4 when 5 could be right around the corner in May. It is also handy to have my contract up in May which will make waiting for the iPhone 5 even better. :p

I would imagine that, as usual, iPhone 5 will be announced at WWDC in early June but not actually made available until the following July. So, personally, if you're a Verizon customer and want an iPhone, I'd just wait a few months for the next model. Because you know that Apple will put just enough new features on it to make you want it.

Is the new antennae design just a modification for CDMA or is it a "fix" of the previous design? Also, version number shows 4.2.5 so hopefully the Personal Hotspot feature comes to other networks, mainly O2 in UK.

CDMA changes so world mode works, you'd need one antenna for standard CDMA in the USA, but to travel in world mode you need another antenna that handles different frequency ranges

CDMA changes so world mode works, you'd need one antenna for standard CDMA in the USA, but to travel in world mode you need another antenna that handles different frequency ranges

Thank you.

I'll hold off for a LTE version - I'm very happy with my Droid X so I have no need to switch phones right now. Whatever phone suits me when I am up for an upgrade will get my pick then.

I hate buying electronics on launch but my LG Dare's screen went bonkers a week or so back, so I'll be getting this on release. I've been eligible for an upgrade for a couple months and was holding out for the iPhone in the first place. Hopefully there's not any major issues that will pop up...but I have a feeling that's a little too much to ask for :p

I'm getting this soon as I can, will do the upgrade through Verizon's site for existing customers, really tired of my Storm 2, just got available for upgrade right before Christmas but held off on a Droid to see if the announcement for the iPhone was going to happen...glad I waited. Not going to wait on an iPhone 5, the 4 will be good enough for me. If Verizon does get the refresh in June, I'll grab whatever one gets put out next year. :)