Photo

Windows app store screenshot

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16 Digitalx

Digitalx

Antz007x

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:30

cool photoshop idea but looking like copypasta windows media player isn't exactly a nice look to start with.

#17 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:33

I think that any Windows 8 app store design would match closelly with what MS has going on the Zune softwares client marketplace, with a few added things for downloads and so on. Wrap that metro style UI inside a native Windows 8 UI window etc and that's probably what you'll end up with I'd say.

#18 carmatic

carmatic

oh cool i can change my member title

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:33

i really hope that is fake... it looks depressingly amateurish, i'd rather kill myself or use linux or buy a game console or something before i use anything like that...

#19 inferniac

inferniac

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:37

FAKE

and an ugly one.

#20 neo158

neo158

Neowinian Senior

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:37

I'm calling BS on those screenshots for three reasons:

1. Wouldn't using menus go against the design of the Windows UI

2. Office 2010 wouldn't be in an "Efficiency" category, it would be in the "Productivity" category

3. Where is the description of WLE/Messenger in the second "screenshot".

Also, if these are "screenshots" why is the background white with no wallpaper.

#21 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:38

I love the idea that your apps and settings follow you, but I wonder if that only counts for apps you buy/install through the app store? Can't wait till PDC or whatever MS event they decide to finally talk about this at happens. If you can reinstall the OS or upgrade/clean install a new OS and then just regrab your apps and settings with one click then that would be a huge step up.

#22 carmatic

carmatic

oh cool i can change my member title

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:41

im getting the feeling that this 'apsnews' account is a troll of some sort...

#23 Panda X

Panda X

Neowinian

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:52

The font smoothing isn't the same as Windows inside the window itself.
It looks like a photoshop job.
There's no reason for it to have a menu bar.
It looks unprofessional.

All-in-all it's really unconvincing. Which I'm not surprised. 99.9% of all fakes aren't convincing at all.

#24 techguy77

techguy77

Neowinian

Posted 17 January 2011 - 20:47

So why does Microsoft need Windows App Store? Apple App Store along with iTunes is the biggest pile of **** i have seen in my life. Why follow stupid Apple?

#25 +virtorio

virtorio

4089 III

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 17 January 2011 - 21:09

So why does Microsoft need Windows App Store? Apple App Store along with iTunes is the biggest pile of **** i have seen in my life. Why follow stupid Apple?

• Who said Microsoft is following Apple. Steam was the first service that proved the model was successful
  • Microsoft would take a cut
  • App stores sell software, and get software out to users who would otherwise be unable to find it - a win for the service provider, the developer and users
  • You're telling me that having to manually download, install, update and register (if paid software) is better than having a service manage all of that in one place is better? It's not the mid 90's anymore.
  • Valve (Steam) and Apple make a metric f**k ton a money providing these services, so why wouldn't Microsoft want go down the same path?

#26 thealexweb

thealexweb

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 January 2011 - 21:21

Okay(ish) mockup I suppose.

#27 techguy77

techguy77

Neowinian

Posted 18 January 2011 - 15:08

• Who said Microsoft is following Apple. Steam was the first service that proved the model was successful
  • Microsoft would take a cut
  • App stores sell software, and get software out to users who would otherwise be unable to find it - a win for the service provider, the developer and users
  • You're telling me that having to manually download, install, update and register (if paid software) is better than having a service manage all of that in one place is better? It's not the mid 90's anymore.
  • Valve (Steam) and Apple make a metric f**k ton a money providing these services, so why wouldn't Microsoft want go down the same path?

It is better to go out to store and buy software and install it (same for games) then buy online over Steam for example. Apple makes a metrick **** ton a money cause there are too many stupid people to use those services. And do you know why is better to manually download, install, updatea and register software. It is because i am in a ****ing control, not them.

#28 Rudy

Rudy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 January 2011 - 15:13

Missing one big thing....PRICES lol

#29 neo158

neo158

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 January 2011 - 15:15

It is better to go out to store and buy software and install it (same for games) then buy online over Steam for example. Apple makes a metrick **** ton a money cause there are too many stupid people to use those services. And do you know why is better to manually download, install, updatea and register software. It is because i am in a ****ing control, not them.

Then I guess you probably have about two programs on your computer.

Personally anything that helps with patching them is a good thing. With the amount of software I need to have installed for my uni work, it would take a ****ing week just to install and patch them all manually.

BTW, it's metric, not metrick. Yes I am one of the spelling/grammer police. Would you like to see some ID!!!!!!

#30 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 18 January 2011 - 15:15

AngryBirds isn't from "Clickgamer.com"...

Quite a few applications on the App Store are cheaper there than their retail boxed version counterparts. Also, not all titles are available in retail stores. Not sure if you think that cursing will get your point across more effective or validate your story, but it doesn't. If anything it weakens it.