Windows app store screenshot

• Who said Microsoft is following Apple. Steam was the first service that proved the model was successful
  • Microsoft would take a cut
  • App stores sell software, and get software out to users who would otherwise be unable to find it - a win for the service provider, the developer and users
  • You're telling me that having to manually download, install, update and register (if paid software) is better than having a service manage all of that in one place is better? It's not the mid 90's anymore.
  • Valve (Steam) and Apple make a metric f**k ton a money providing these services, so why wouldn't Microsoft want go down the same path?

It is better to go out to store and buy software and install it (same for games) then buy online over Steam for example. Apple makes a metrick **** ton a money cause there are too many stupid people to use those services. And do you know why is better to manually download, install, updatea and register software. It is because i am in a ****ing control, not them.

It is better to go out to store and buy software and install it (same for games) then buy online over Steam for example. Apple makes a metrick **** ton a money cause there are too many stupid people to use those services. And do you know why is better to manually download, install, updatea and register software. It is because i am in a ****ing control, not them.

Then I guess you probably have about two programs on your computer.

Personally anything that helps with patching them is a good thing. With the amount of software I need to have installed for my uni work, it would take a ****ing week just to install and patch them all manually.

BTW, it's metric, not metrick. Yes I am one of the spelling/grammer police. Would you like to see some ID!!!!!!

AngryBirds isn't from "Clickgamer.com"...

Quite a few applications on the App Store are cheaper there than their retail boxed version counterparts. Also, not all titles are available in retail stores. Not sure if you think that cursing will get your point across more effective or validate your story, but it doesn't. If anything it weakens it.

Implying you can buy physical copies of all software...

You're missing the point, bud. :rolleyes:

* in your opinion.

I think its better to have everything at the click of a button, as well as a centralised location to install updates. This makes me stupid does it?

PLUS, i am more inclined to support the developers now. I'll be honest, i'm not the best at buying software, but ever since the osx app store came about i've been buying more and more, infact i've bought more than i ever have in my life of using computers. The apps are usually cheaper than what you would pay in the shop, its quick and it's easy. believe it or not, i'm still in control.

Win for apple/steam/ms., win for me, and win for the developer.

Oh, you should have just said you're paranoid and don't like progress in your first post. Would have saved me some time.

Hey, if you like collecting boxes and discs, and limiting yourself to the tiny percentage of software that is available in retail stores, you go for it.

I call fake!

Glassed Silver:mac

Yeah. No way this is real. The usability is all over the place and it doesn't even fit in with the look of anything else Microsoft is doing... The tabs at the top make my eyes hurt they're so archaic...

Well, then it is only me who kinda liked the mockup idea. Of course I don't want the Windows <Next> app store to look like WMP but it was "cute" to see a mockup. Good job. (Y)

There is so many things wrong with this image, it just screams fake.

a few things:

Microsoft doesn't call an operating system "OS"

"Leaked" screens wouldn't showcase Opera.

The menus are ugly and icons are overkill

The top header is so empty in the second image, with the home button.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<Snipped>

Edited by nabz0r
Discussing and suggesting piracy is not allowed