Whats the status of your SSD?

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#241 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 25 July 2013 - 21:47

There is really nothing to worry about with modern SSD's, they are projected to have very long lifespan based on testing. For example, take a look at this: http://us.hardware.i...pdate-20-6-2013

They did some serious endurance testing by constantly writing data to their SSD's for a long period of time. They had written nearly 800 TiB to the drive before they even ran into any problems!

TLC flash is basically the "lowest end" when it comes to write endurance, and even the samsung 840 which uses TLC flash seems to hold up very well when it comes to endurance testing, and its projected lifespan after the testing they did is very long, and most SSD's use the higher end MLC flash.

The idea that SSD's are "fragile" and will wear out quickly is false, and based on the reputation of first-gen SSD's. SSD's failing due to running out of writes is extremely rare, even for early SSD's, most issues were because of things like buggy firmware (and I also recall certain buggy dell BIOS's bricking SSD's and things like that)

There is nothing at all to worry about when getting an SSD.

Did they do anything similar for drives with MLC flash? I'd be interested to know how much the difference between the 2 actually is. The drive I currently own does use MLC flash but I'd be interested to know if the reliability justifies the extra cost

#242 SidVicious

SidVicious

Decepticon

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 620 - Windows Phone 8.1

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:47

:shiftyninja:

dgvdfvg.jpg

#243 liquidguru

liquidguru

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:13

:geek:

ssd.png

#244 MayaUser

MayaUser

Neowinian

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:19

on corsair's rma services... 

#245 UseLess

UseLess

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:22

Awww this thread loaded on the front page for me and i saw the Vertex2 results...damn they were some amazing drives! So fast, so good! I've got a pair of Agility3's and they're just not the same =(

#246 StixBit

StixBit

Neowinian

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:44

My Intel X25-M  , still happy with it. :)

Attached Images

• SSDLife.png

#247 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• Tech Issues Solved: 7
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:57

had a OCZ AGILITY 3 SATA III for a about a year and a half before it died, have not purchased another SSD since. Would really like to get a 500Gb one when the prices come down to replace the one in my laptop.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!