Whats the status of your SSD?

After several more months of use, I finally have an idea of how long it should work for me!

post-427-0-71773400-1304183375.png

Just entered the SSD world. It may not be the fastest SSD, but loving it's performance :)

2wn5zde.jpg

Noticing everyones seems to be showing 8-10 years life expectancy!

Not exactly got mine in the position of main HDD yet... waiting for Lion to be released for that. Here we go anyway:

post-142176-0-31021600-1304950930.jpg

How can some of us have over 30% wear in under 1 year but still last over 10yrs?

• 2 weeks later...

I think the program calculates based on your usages during the time the program was installed. If the wear happens long before the program was installed (like when you install the OS, copy and delete a lot of files, etc...), then it will not be factored into the calculation. The program probably just use a very simple extrapolation calculation.

SSDLife%20Free%20-%20version%202.1.29.png

Still going strong. I'm surprised, I've had it for about 6 months now.

Surely, people who are scared of them wearing out are overly cautious?

To be honest LOL, I think the controllers will crap out long before the flash is worn out. I had 3 SSD failed on me and most of the failures are controller-related.

To be honest LOL, I think the controllers will crap out long before the flash is worn out. I had 3 SSD failed on me and most of the failures are controller-related.

Any of them a vertex 2e? I've seen loads of people complain about this problem and I wondered, could it be related to your motherboard chipset or something? Or are they really just crap?

SSDLife%20Free%20-%20version%202.1.29.png

Still going strong. I'm surprised, I've had it for about 6 months now.

Surely, people who are scared of them wearing out are overly cautious?

FW Update to 1.32?

post-185999-0-97322700-1306084364.png

ssdlife.png

I seen the guy in here who posted very low health and then a benchmark straight after.

What I didn't learn on here is that running benchmarks lowers your drives speed and life and aren't really accurate. So don't run them, they write GB's of data in a very short period of time, SSD's the now aren't meant for reading and writing loads of data. Their better for installing an OS and programs.