Battlefield 3

More american tat, why cant the british get any love.

How do you know it's just the US featured in this game?

Future expansion?

Endless possibilities?

I have a feeling its not final.

I have a feeling it is, as the official BF blog shows...

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/02/04/battlefield-3-is-coming-preorder-now.aspx

Actually now im considering getting Medal of Honor just for the BF3 beta key.

Or just wait until the end of February when they announce the limited edition details and inevitable beta access for pre ordering BF3.

They had beta access for pre ordering BC2 and MoH so it's safe to assume they'll do the same again.

I am sure someone mentioned it already but the following quote, the part I bolded out, has me excited...

Most of the hard information is being kept under wraps for the cover story, but here's some declassified intel for you: Several standout features that defined Battlefield 2 return to the fold, including 64-player multiplayer on PC, jets, and the ability to go prone. What other features do you hope to see in Battlefield 3?

I am sure someone mentioned it already but the following quote, the part I bolded out, has me excited...

You and me both, DL. (Y)

I wonder how many players can play online on the 360? Is this something that is limited by the console hardware or something else?

It's most likely a hardware limitation. The X360 is quite dated in comparison to current PC technology. It's unfortunate but expected during the final stages of a console's life.

Yay, 64-player games are back! I was always going to get this on the PC, but this just seals the deal. I like my console FPS games, but Battlefield on the PC will always have a special place in my heart :).

Larry, time for me to invest in a rig?

Also, more than likely, Frostbite 2.0 means no mods (not like Frostbite 1 did anyway)

I think with Crysis 2 and BF3 that yes, it is a good time to think about making the move to PC, especially if you do not have one to begin with. No doubt about it. Plus a good gaming PC is just a good PC period, so can do more then just game.

I can definitely say I am getting it for PC, think that goes without saying. But I also will not be doing the get it for PC and 360, just makes no sense to do so as I hardly have much time to play these days anyway, so when I can play, not going to spread that out between 2 systems.

Most of the hard information is being kept under wraps for the cover story, but here's some declassified intel for you: Several standout features that defined Battlefield 2 return to the fold, including 64-player multiplayer on PC, jets, and the ability to go prone. What other features do you hope to see in Battlefield 3?

Holy ****ing ****! These news, were the news that I waited for since the game announced :D

I love Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and I've grown into something of a Battlefield fan in the past while. I like the sound of another Battlefield game releasing, but I'm hoping that I still find the time for some Bad Company 2 - I still need to get to Rank 50 in that game. I don't put enough time into it, and I really should. The Frostbite engine is spectacular in my opinion, so I'm hoping it is reused and possibly upgraded again. As it is, destroying buildings never feels powerful. It never feels like a viable tactic in online - you really have to wait for the opportunity to expose itself before detonating C4, rather than simply taking it out due to a suspicion of enemy players being present.

From GI

Prone and peak left/right