Best and most secure open source e-commerce platform?

Question

Hey peeps, just wondering if anyone can recommend what would be the best e-commerce platform to use that is open-source as well as secure. I have a bit of experience with zen-cart but I find it quite unsecure and the back-end does not seem to support Chrome or any other browsers other than IE properly.

Much appreciated!

16 answers to this question

Magento?

EDIT: Duh, never mind.

Regarding the open source option the only one I've tried is osCommerce.

Can't comment on others, but avoid osCommerce like the plague (it is what ZenCart was originally based on which might explain things). Just seen two osCom using clients get their sites "hacked" via pretty basic holes in it (in this case a publically accessible upload script in the admin which has no checks for admin credentials and allows anyone to upload files anywhere in the site directory). When I started researching this further I came across a massive list in the osCom forums of "necessary mods for a secure store" - reminded my of phpNuke which always required a load of mods just to make it secure.

Needless to say I'm developing them a new cart as there isn't much hope when even the basics aren't being done properly (I'd never have used it in the first place if it was up to me, but their sites were originally done by another developer).

I see, thanks!

I may stick with zen-cart as I do know it a lot more than anything else (probably as its the only one i've used). I have spoken to one of the guys who wrote the WorldPay module for it and he suggested to go for ShopUpgraded which is based on zen-cart but a lot more secure. I had my server hacked through zen-cart by dumping files in to temp and images folder but once I fixed that it has been okay....

Hello,

And twice at that; Bump to Oct 2013 then another bump today.

There should be a warning.

Didn't even look at the dates. lmao.