Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crisp

official Battlefield 3

6,940 posts in this topic

The new maps are so damn awesome. Especially the Azadi one.

Yeah I'm loving the new maps too.

Not to big, not to small. Don't need to run 8kms to get from one flag to the next.

So much going on too, earth quakes, cars on fire, running in and out of cracks in the road.

Loving it.

Aftermath is awesome. I love all the detail, and the Scavenger gun mode is more fun than gun master.

If Battlefield ever removes vehicles completely, then it will not be called Battlefield. Vehicles are like the signature of the series, if you don't like them go play MoH or CoD.

That was the point I was getting at, vehicles in this game is a dieing trend. Infanty maps now massively out number vehicle maps, it's the way the Battlefield franchise is going... COD. Most played map, Metro. Why even bother making vehicle maps for BF4? Even the vehicle maps in this game lack vehicles, just take them out, would make sence for the new BF playerbase.

Edit:- Is there anyway a mod can edit the first post? Make someone else the OP? Give it to Anaron or something?

The only reason people play metro is because it's easy to boost your kdr and get unlocks for guns done really quickly, not because people actually like the map.

They should absolutely never remove vehicle based maps. It just wouldn't be Battlefield.

I liked Battlefield 3, because of the diversity of game modes it gave us. I love Battlefield 3 simply due to this fact.

Whats the point of just running around shooting people endlessly with no tanks, jets, helis and all. :p

If Battlefield ever removes vehicles completely, then it will not be called Battlefield. Vehicles are like the signature of the series, if you don't like them go play MoH or CoD.

And that's the exact reason I hate BF3 and love BF2, more focus on vehicles, unlike BF3 which is infantry focused. As stated in my previous post, BF3 going in the direction of MOH and COD and should remove vehicle maps for BF4 as they're phasing them out anyway in BF3.

Weird reasons, people jumped to the conclusion I love infantry...

The only reason people play metro is because it's easy to boost your kdr and get unlocks for guns done really quickly, not because people actually like the map.

I don't entirely agree with that.. whilst I don't regularly play Metro (prefer the open air / vehicle maps), there's something quite atmospheric and believable about it.. I find fighting in the tunnels quite claustrophobic and quite fun, and light the way the sound is in those tunnels.. good environmental effects.

And that's the exact reason I hate BF3 and love BF2, more focus on vehicles, unlike BF3 which is infantry focused. As stated in my previous post, BF3 going in the direction of MOH and COD and should remove vehicle maps for BF4 as they're phasing them out anyway in BF3.

Weird reasons, people jumped to the conclusion I love infantry...

Granted I do not play it all that much these days, but when I do, I pretty much only play vehicle based maps and Conquest mode, as I am a BF purist and been playing the series since Day 1. I have never even checked out a single Closed Quarters map. I have not played a single round of Rush in BF3. I only stick to Conquest maps, which have vehicles, and have plenty of people playing, so I am really not following your logic? From my perspective of someone who casually plays the game but has a long history with the series, vehicles still very much exist, and are still very good in the game, and Conquest still exists, and is pretty much the same it has always been with some tweaks and additions and some changes, so is it really that big of a deal that they now offer other types of modes to try and cater to all types? The truth is they do have to compete with the likes of CoD, so that is why those modes exist, but one does not have to play them at all, and I still very much feel what I view to be the "main mode" of Conquest with vehicles is still great fun to play. perhaps if they did not have these other modes they could be even more focus into Conquest, sure, no one is going to argue that, but I personally do not feel Conquest mode has gotten worse because these other modes exists.

I am actually gonna check the Aftermath DLC out this weekend, it is out for Premium players correct?

2 people like this

Yup, its out for Premium ones. I am already hooked. Once again, I must say to this game

I don't entirely agree with that.. whilst I don't regularly play Metro (prefer the open air / vehicle maps), there's something quite atmospheric and believable about it.. I find fighting in the tunnels quite claustrophobic and quite fun, and light the way the sound is in those tunnels.. good environmental effects.

I should have said "most people".

I have to say, I'm really liking Aftermath. The maps look absolutely stunning and I love all of the different pathways. Plus flags aren't in a straight line; DICE seem to have remembered how to make good maps.

And the colors! No more blue!

Yeah I'm really liking these new maps, I would play these over AK anyday!

XBOW is freakin' awesome.

Specially with 8x scope.

Just frickin' awesome

So anyone still playin?

I'm stunned at this thread's view/reply count...

I'm going to get back into it. Just got my 660 Ti SLI set up but my on-board audio took a dump. Going out today to find a sound card. Always something...

OmniRad.png

Actually haven;t played for a bit but am thinking of popping open a game tonight. Fancy a bit of sniping on Damavand Peak!

Gonna get a few rounds in tonight too as I don't have work tomorrow.

Have Premium? Pretty cool event encouraging team play. Top 5 winners (most team assisting points) per platform get a prize!

Add me if you want!

OmniRad.png

I still hate this game with a passion and haven't touched it in over 9 months, but found this video on how DICE fails at making games and how with mod tools the community can come up with and produce better stuff.

1 person likes this

I still hate this game with a passion and haven't touched it in over 9 months, but found this video on how DICE fails at making games and how with mod tools the community can come up with and produce better stuff.

What a joke! You may not care for the game but to call it a failure is ridiculous.

I haven't played in a few weeks, but not for this reason. I think they did a great job. Only content I didnt like was AK xpack. Going to get back into BF3 after I get more achieves in other games lol

All-new fast and agile dirt bike

When building End Game, high-speed warfare was our mantra. Nothing illustrates this better than the new fast and agile dirt bike, that lets you take a friend to the frontlines at high speed while doing wheelies and quick stops. It?s a true two-wheel vehicle with its own physics engine that is a perfect fit for our returning game mode Capture the Flag.

more info @ http://blogs.battlef...ame-first-look/

Looking good :-)