yep that marpat camo texture in some of that is far too rich in colours... it almost looks like the rip off digital desert camo. Also wonder why some pictures show M4's others show M16's ... USMC issue rifle is m16.

yep that marpat camo texture in some of that is far too rich in colours... it almost looks like the rip off digital desert camo. Also wonder why some pictures show M4's others show M16's ... USMC issue rifle is m16.

because some of them are SpecOps class or upgraded their weapon to M4 ?

as for the camo, the colours in part of those screenshots are using a camera type effect. over exposure included.

I'm guessign the texture itself is correct, the saturated colors come from screen settings, conversions into video that changes colors, bad gamma/color settings on the computer of the guy who id the captures and so on.

because some of them are SpecOps class or upgraded their weapon to M4 ?

as for the camo, the colours in part of those screenshots are using a camera type effect. over exposure included.

I'm guessign the texture itself is correct, the saturated colors come from screen settings, conversions into video that changes colors, bad gamma/color settings on the computer of the guy who id the captures and so on.

I figured this would be more focused on "standard infantry" over special ops...

As for camo, hard to know... desert marpat has softer colour blending with the shades compared to the stark look of the knock off stuff here's an example of what I mean

fake:

032ch.jpg

real:

desertmarpatfrontjpg.jpg

I figured this would be more focused on "standard infantry" over special ops...

As for camo, hard to know... desert marpat has softer colour blending with the shades compared to the stark look of the knock off stuff here's an example of what I mean

fake:

032ch.jpg

real:

desertmarpatfrontjpg.jpg

why would it be, the game itself only has 4 clases, while BF2 had7 or so, one of which was specOps. if it follows the standard of the original. while SpecOps may not have it's own class, they'll definately be there. since you need spec ops to do the C4 work to blow up radars and artillery. and even so, there will be unlockable weapons.

personally I prefer the more open class config of BF2142 as opposed to BF2, which is probably why they're dropping to 4 classes. in either case the M4 is easily explained by unlockables.

And afterall unlike CoD, BF2 requires all kinds for the team to be successfull not just "standard infantry" ;)

Most times I love playing BC2. But my understanding is that BC2 isn't "proper" BF. Proper BF is much bigger maps, and plenty of more vehicles - ie jets and etc etc. Having never played a proper BF game, I am unsure of what to expect. But having played and mostly loved BC2, my interest in BF3 has been piqued.

Yeah, I definitely have fond memories of Battlefield 1942, and the hours I spent on 64-player 24/7 Wake Island servers. I basically lost an entire summer and the subsequent autumn to that game :laugh: . It will be nice to play a 64-player Conquest game again, as I cower in bunkers waiting for the jets to pass over me, lol.

Yeah, I definitely have fond memories of Battlefield 1942, and the hours I spent on 64-player 24/7 Wake Island servers. I basically lost an entire summer and the subsequent autumn to that game :laugh: . It will be nice to play a 64-player Conquest game again, as I cower in bunkers waiting for the jets to pass over me, lol.

Those were good times. Wake Island was the best out of them all. :blush:

well the regular version works with windows 7, so the steam version should work identical

Ive heard different reports. Something about punkbuster conflicting with steam overlay and whatnot. Don't want to mess with EA downloader, so Id prefer Steam.

Ive heard different reports. Something about punkbuster conflicting with steam overlay and whatnot. Don't want to mess with EA downloader, so Id prefer Steam.

It works for me, but as you said, one must disable the overlay. Otherwise PB comes up with weird errors and kicks you from the server.

Just to let you guy know aswell that you know if you pre-order the limited edition version you get the "back to karkand" map pack (4 maps from BF2), well it's been confirmed that the 4 maps in this pack are:

Zh1nt0 the Battlefield community manager:

Wake Island' date=' Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman och Sharqi Peninsula.[/quote']

Source

How do you do that?

Sadly one can't do it on a per game basis, only Steam-wide which is a bit of a pain in the ass. Just go to Steam->Settings->In-Game and uncheck the box.

EDIT: Correction, apparently one can do it per-game now, haha. Right click the game, Properties, and uncheck the box.

Just to let you guy know aswell that you know if you pre-order the limited edition version you get the "back to karkand" map pack (4 maps from BF2), well it's been confirmed that the 4 maps in this pack are:

Zh1nt0 the Battlefield community manager:

Source

Wake Island? WIN!

Wake Island? WIN!

IMO they should of just added Wake to the main maps as it's in all Battlefield games anyway (BC isn't true BF). I really wanted Operation Clean Sweep :(

Strike at Karkand is a great map for good ol urban combat, but I wish they would add Dragon Valley. I like flying the Viper Chopper in there.

Does anyone know where I can go to pre-order? Has anyone released system requirements yet?

Yes! I'm so glad they're going to include Gulf of Oman. That was my absolute favourite map in BF2. I played the crap out of it when the demo was first released and continued to play the crap out of it for years. I'm looking forward to that map as well as Strike at Karkand and Wake Island. I was never a big fan of Sharqi Peninsula as I rarely played that map but any map from BF2 is good in my books. :)

Wake Island!!!! :woot:

Well, it looks like I'll be pre-ordering then. It'll be nice to check out Strike at Karkand, since I missed out on Battlefield 2 when it was in its heyday (something that I'm deeply ashamed of).

Strike at Karkand is a great map for good ol urban combat, but I wish they would add Dragon Valley. I like flying the Viper Chopper in there.

Does anyone know where I can go to pre-order? Has anyone released system requirements yet?

I'm not sure about any other places, but you can pre-order from EA's online store. Not sure if Steam has a pre-order available yet (it's blocked at my work unfortunately).

Looks like the Battlefield 3 reveal will take place tomorrow (March 1st) at GDC 2011. Unfortunately, we won't see coverage of it until March 2nd at 9am EST/6am PST.