official fps battlefield dice pc xbox 360 ps3

• Please log in to reply
6939 replies to this topic

#6856 welchmen22

welchmen22

Neowinian

• 57 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:07

Maybe it will motivate Dice to tweak it on their own.

#6857 OP Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,417 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:15

because a good number of long time players are sick of ugly, dull & depressing visuals. all we wanted to do was disable colour grading, something that other games such as crysis have as an option but it's not locked away from users.

dice doesn't like people modding or tweaking anything.

Because DICE know that the real community can make a better game, and it would put shame on their POS game.

BF3 was designed to be a game engine demo for Frostbite 2.0, hence the bad game play and the reason other EA games are sold on the idea of using it.

#6858 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,348 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 04 October 2012 - 13:18

because a good number of long time players are sick of ugly, dull & depressing visuals. all we wanted to do was disable colour grading, something that other games such as crysis have as an option but it's not locked away from users.

dice doesn't like people modding or tweaking anything.

If that were true than many fans would have complained about it. Out of all the people that play the PC version of Battlefield 3, only a small number of them would be bothered by something like this.

This specific mod may seem harmless but DICE needs to stand by their rules. They can't allow certain mods that modify game files while not allowing others. What if fans wanted non-human player models? What if they wanted everything to be a shade of pink?

Because DICE know that the real community can make a better game, and it would put shame on their POS game.

BF3 was designed to be a game engine demo for Frostbite 2.0, hence the bad game play and the reason other EA games are sold on the idea of using it.

Are you implying that DICE are afraid of what the "real community" can come up with if they allowed modding for Battlefield 3? If so, then you're mistaken. Whatever the "real community" comes up with would be based on Battlefield 3. They'd be doing it to improve the game, not make a better one. Also, Battlefield 3 is EA's fastest-selling game to date (last I checked).

I don't know where you're getting these baseless claims from but you're wrong. Battlefield 3 was designed to be a first-person shooter based on the Battlefield formula. There's nothing to indicate that it's a tech demo for Frostbite 2. If that was their goal then they could have done it with a significantly smaller budget.

One more thing, the reason Frostbite 2 is being used in other games should be clear: DICE is a subsidiary of EA. Of course they're going to take advantage of a very capable and versatile game engine.

#6859 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,610 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 15:52

Does anyone play this on Xbox and find it aggravaiting to play?

I've played this alot since launch, but I just don't get it. The basic gun play seems really broken, as near unplayable & the maps have no flow what so ever to them.

I really enjoyed BFBC2, and I really want to enjoy BF3, but I just don't get. The game just doesn't seem to play well at all for me.

It's infuriating!!

#6860 ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

• 10,819 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 21:37

Its getting way too ****ing hard to find good 64 player servers with armored kill and/or back to karkand maps that don't have this retarded instant vehicle spawn crap, ruins balance of the game, there's a spawn delay for a reason /rant

#6861 Muhammad Farrukh

Muhammad Farrukh

The End is Nigh

• 7,621 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:32

I am loving the new maps :woot:

#6862 MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• 6,614 posts
  • OS: Win 8, Win 7, Vista, OSX, iOS, Android, WP8 and various Linux distro's
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:50

Gotta say that since picking up a copy of armored kill, I've been engrossed all over again.
Brilliant expansion.

#6863 Alladaskill17

Alladaskill17

Neowinian Senior

• 5,425 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 15:43

Not really one for Armored Kill; actually that's what made me stop BF3 for a while. Got on for one long game last night. Damavan Peak, Rush. 104-20 coming back to the game lol

#6864 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,693 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:17

You've made it very clear you don't like the game so why do you keep posting in this thread? Usually people avoid stuff they don't like.

Besides that every thing you said is completely off base. Anaron already covered why.

#6865 Sandor

Sandor

Neowinian Senior

• 3,898 posts
  • Phone: WP8

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:26

/remembers when games allowed, and embraced, modding. life was good.

#6866 Thino

Thino

Neowinian

• 211 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:26

My only grief with Armored Kill is Alborz Mountains TDM which has bad spawns and quickly becomes a sniper-fest, good thing I'm more of a Conquest/Conquest Large kind of guy

#6867 philcruicks

philcruicks

Neowinian Senior

• 1,766 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 06 November 2012 - 21:40

I know its not BF3, but still BF related for anyone who missed it...1942 is now Free to Play!! :D
http://www.neogamr.n...or-free-from-ea

#6868 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,348 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 06 November 2012 - 22:07

I know its not BF3, but still BF related for anyone who missed it...1942 is now Free to Play!! :D
http://www.neogamr.n...or-free-from-ea

I already made a thread about it here.

#6869 +Matthew

+Matthew

Software Engineer

• 73 posts
  • Phone: Black Galaxy S5

Posted 06 November 2012 - 22:10

Feel free to add me in game on the xbox, it would be better playing with people that focus on team play.

#6870 Singh400

Singh400

Neowinian Senior

• 5,839 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 15:18

Origin Accounts Hacked