Velvet Waves

bug?

i dont remember this happening when i first got the theme, but somehow, i see it now after a couple days of use..

its the Compact Marine color scheme..

looks hella weird :wacko:

I have no idea how many times I've said this but that is to do with the TN Blank font installation.

If you used the installer it will be installed automatically, however due to a small bug which I haven't gotten round to fixing yet you'll have problems after you restart for teh first time. To fix that open up explorer navigate to your fonts directory (located in your windows directory). Make sure the TN Blank font is listed and open it up just to make sure it's correctly installed. After that re-apply the VS and everything should be OK for ever more!

If you installed manually make sure that you installed the font correctly as well.

ThemeNorth

oh sorry.. my bad for not checking the thread :pinch:

and yea, that fixed it up.. thanks

and why the installer to begin with? you could just write a readme if youre afraid people wont know how to install themes..

bug?

i dont remember this happening when i first got the theme, but somehow, i see it now after a couple days of use..

its the Compact Marine color scheme..

looks hella weird :wacko:

I have no idea how many times I've said this but that is to do with the TN Blank font installation.

If you used the installer it will be installed automatically, however due to a small bug which I haven't gotten round to fixing yet you'll have problems after you restart for teh first time. To fix that open up explorer navigate to your fonts directory (located in your windows directory). Make sure the TN Blank font is listed and open it up just to make sure it's correctly installed. After that re-apply the VS and everything should be OK for ever more!

If you installed manually make sure that you installed the font correctly as well.

ThemeNorth

OK! Bug KO.

Version 1.1 Released

- Added Moss Green Colour.

- Flashing taskbar buttons are now more obvious.

- Clock is slightly easier to read.

- Caption buttons highlight in the current colour.

- Fixed a bug with the installer relating to font installation persistence across reboots.

- Improved the layout of the readme.

Please see the first message in this thread for full details and to download.

The download links aren't working for me...both sites give me a "file not found"...

Edit: Tried a different approach and went to http://themenorth.deviantart.com and then downloaded that way. But then when I try to install it, Windows gives me a "VelvetWaves_3.exe is not a valid Win32 application". Any ideas? :huh:

Edit again: Your signature link to getskinned.org works! Thanks!

Edited by Smitjel

The download links aren't working for me...both sites give me a "file not found"...

Edit: Tried a different approach and went to http://themenorth.deviantart.com and then downloaded that way. But then when I try to install it, Windows gives me a "VelvetWaves_3.exe is not a valid Win32 application". Any ideas? :huh:

Edit again: Your signature link to getskinned.org works! Thanks!

Oops, sorry about that, should have checked really. Fixed now though!

I think this is the best wallpaper for this VS...

http://www.customize.org/details/23739

C :cool: :cool: L thanx for sharing

Edit:Does anybody know a wallpaper to go for moss ? and a winamp skin too...

Never mind I found wallpaper for moss, here is the link for those who interested. still looking for winampskin tho

:yes:

valleyinrisingsunlight1-0_big.jpg

Edited by CORONA

Somehow the skin won't install, it installs to the directory, but doesn't show up in Options.

And when I double click on the .msstyles, and press Apply, it comes up with an error, doesn't say any error number or message, just an error saying it cannot load the visual style.

Edited by Long

Somehow the skin won't install, it installs to the directory, but doesn't show up in Options.

And when I double click on the .msstyles, and press Apply, it comes up with an error, doesn't say any error number or message, just an error saying it cannot load the visual style.

People have had that problem in the past; I believe the cause was an 'old' version of the patched uxtheme.dll. Other than that I can't think of anything.

Gr8 theme TN ... :yes:

Had been using Beacon for a long time now.

keep up the good work. Just 1 request ... can you do a black or grayscale for the theme?

I absolutely love darker ones. :happy:

Gr8 theme TN ...  :yes:

Had been using Beacon for a long time now.

keep up the good work. Just 1 request ... can you do a black or grayscale for the theme?

I absolutely love darker ones. :happy:

I'd like this too.

How about a black scheme called "Shadow" with grey undertones?

Or a black scheme called "Moonglow" with white/yellow undertones?